Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Exclamation 15 year old in KC MO Shelter

I got this email can anyone help?? I'm full but if they'll hold him a while I can possibly pull him.

PLEASE CROSS POST!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: KCAnimaltalk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KCAnimaltalk@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sally Myers
    Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:45 PM
    Kansas City, Missouri - Old Dachshund at KCMO Animal Control needs a rescue!

There is a 15 year old Dachshund at KCMO shelter. Very sweet and nice dog. He lived with his owner for 15 years, but the owner turned him in because he couldn't afford to pay for his rotten teeth.

He is black. I think it is a male. You will probably have to pay the $65 rescue fee, but for that you will get the heartworm test and shots, and he has already been neutered. Hope someone can help this dear guy, ASAP!

Kansas City Missouri Animal Control
    4400 Raytown Road
    Kansas City, MO 64129
    Call: 816-513-9800

Sally Myers,
    Foxwood Animal Rescue
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

to dump a senior. :sad1: I posted this on a National Rescue Network board, I hope someone can pull him, did you post on DIN?
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Oh no!

If I was closer ad not 12 states away, i would go there in a second.

That is such a shame. There are vets that will work out payment plans and there ARE groups out there that will help people like this. (but i know everyone here knows that...just venting) It makes me so upset that someone would do this to a lifelong companion. It makes me cry.

Chris

Thanks

OMG....the problem is the DOG was a pet, not a companion!..this is what happens when you don't have a bond w/ your pet. I have learned soooo much since being involved with rescue...I cry everyday...did these people that turned away a 15 yr family member think that were doing what they did because they care?....many people do. This is where we come in, the keepers and voices of the beloved 4-legged companions to educate and place our deserved second chance babies w/ families who want to learn.... Would you give away your child because you couldn't afford thier dr. bills? I came from a 60's family that kept our pets in the backyard, fed them table scraps, let them make babies etc.... that's what most people did then...white pickets fence, kids, and a dog. We have to educate...times have changed!!!
    My :pray: go out to this old guys that in his last days he will know love:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
    I will stop now before I go into preacher mode.....I know you all know what I'm trying to say....sleep well tonite little man and know you are loved :angel7: ...some humans just aren't as evolved as you are.....we will continue to be your voice!
    I know someone in MO I will see if she can help
    Last edited by catstamm; 04-01-2006 at 02:08 AM.

Thanks

Hope he gets pulled. I lost one Friday because of stupid people who refused to budge while we tried to work a transport. A gorgeous 2 yr old female is gone now...
    Sandi
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

What do you need? I am in Ca, but I can offer to pay to get him out of there?? Let me know!

Laura
    Laura
    http://www.dogdialogues.com
    "I live in a cartoon"

Thanks

I emailed it to HUA in hopes they can help the old guy.
    I haven't heard back from them though.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Jen Guest

Some people don't deserve animals to start with!! Thank you for trying to help Shonda!

Thanks

I called them to check on him but they are closed today. I'll try again tomorrow. I really can't take another long term foster but if he's still there I will get him pulled and he can come home with me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frzframe
    I emailed it to HUA in hopes they can help the old guy.
    I haven't heard back from them though.
    How about sending them another e-mail? Possibly the first one got lost. I will be his "buddy" if you can get him there.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)