Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Infinity rayz
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I'm glad Jax isn't having to have emergency surgery and she's getting him to Dr. Caplan. That he doesn't need surgery
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Fingers crossed for a good update.
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Thanks

Lori

"My goal in life is to be half the person my dog thinks I am"

Thanks

Howdy y'all. First, thank you so much to Paula for posting & updating on here for me. Being phoneless is a HUGE pain in the ass!

Here's the low down on Jax. I figured this would end up being a surgical fix, but I had to try crate rest & meds first. We're done that for 3 weeks with no improvement. This morning, he went outside, peed, pooped, then just stood there. My mom had to go and pick him up. Then when I got to her house about 3 hours later (I had to work) he wouldn't stand up to come out of the crate. If you touched him, he screamed like a banshee!

Long story short, the e-vet won't do surgery unless they are completely down, which he is not, thank doG. He's on a ridiculous amount of pain meds and muscle relaxers. I was hoping to make it until Friday to get him up to Austin, but I think we may be going up Monday or Tuesday. I can't really afford to take off work, but I will do whatever I have to so that he isn't hurting anymore.

Thanks again Paula for posting & updating here. I will keep in touch as best I can. I should I have a phone again late Monday or Tuesday.

Thank y'all for the rays, please keep my Jac-jac in your thoughts & prayers.
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

Sending lotsa back rayz for Jax. Is the e-vet a neurologist?

Thanks

tex,

Hang in there girl friend and take care of our boy. As you know strict crate rest and meds is very importatnt until you can get him to the vet in Austin. many mnayy continued and
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

That sounds exactly like the progression of Bogart's back problems. Hang in there. You've been thru this before and know what to do. Call if you need anything. (when you get a phone, that is)
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

tell the new man in my life(your sweetness) to make sure he has my digits in the event of crisis - so glad that Jac Jac did not need er surgery and hoping that he will be ok with new meds! Love you!!!
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

My Penny was on low dose prednisone, duralactin, tramadol, glucosamine etc for months. She had had Adequan too. We finally started to see improvement and now you would never know this dog was an invalid in 2010. Titrating the pred down to 2.5 mg every other day for months did the trick. Our Vet worked very closely with us. And yes, I know all about the potential side effects of prednisone but in her case, the benefits out weighed the risk . She was in such pain that I know the Vet even thought she would have to be put down at some point. I have faith that your boy will come through. G-d Bless!!