Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cosco...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls View Post
    Or a marionette

Vets that say doxies can't recover from IVDD paralysis don't know doxies. Or their owners!!!
    How right you are!!! Their recovery ability is amazing. More Cosco
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

How is Cosco doing nowadays? Is he getting any more mobile yet? Still in lockdown, I trust?

Thanks

Cosco is doing well. He is still taking a few steps on his own. I've been trying a sling and leash but when I do he for some reason decides to just flop down and roll in the grass lol. So we've been pretty much being human walkers for him. We just hook a finger right under his hips on both sides and crab walking behind him. Its been pretty chilly out lately so he doesn't have much interest in staying outside long so this works for now. He is still on lock down in the pen when we aren't around. When we are he spends time with us on the couch. He's really being pretty good about not overdoing it but he has never been super active unless you really get him going anyway. He would run and jump and go crazy if you went outside and ran with him but he's never been the type to go nutso in the house. This is a blessing right now for sure. Mostly he's good, sleeps a lot, squeeks some toys lightly, lays on the couch next to me while I'm reading or watching tv. Just still waiting for more progress. It seems to come in spurts, like nothing new for a week or so and then a new thing, then a plateau again. He's gotten almost all of his bladder control back though which makes this all so much easier. (and cheaper, man all that laundry we did is still showing up on the power bill) He does still seem to have some bowel issues though which is odd to me that they aren't on the same track but its not really an issue. We still want to take him back to the vet so they can see his progress and maybe suggest some therapy but we've got to pay down a few of the bills from the first time around. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

It sounds like he's really making good progress. It can be very slow and like you say it can come in "fits and starts" as my grandma would have said. Sending continued
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Nice! That's great progress. It's only been about 1.5 months, so I suspect he's still got more healing to do. I'm glad he's becoming more of his normal self. Sending more rayz

Thanks

Awesome news! More recovery !
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....ideo_processed

A little video of Cosco man walking with some help from Daddy, he's doing so good. I tried to get him to walk across the yard so you could see him working his legs better but of course since I had the camera he wanted to run straight to me lol

Thanks

I can't see the video, but glad he's doing well!
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls View Post
    I can't see the video, but glad he's doing well!
    I can't see it either I am happy he's improving !!!!
    Ann-Marie and Lulu
    Shelby , Yogi , Sophie & Lucy

Saving just one dog won't change the world...but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    Unknown

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletBegonias View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video....ideo_processed

A little video of Cosco man walking with some help from Daddy, he's doing so good. I tried to get him to walk across the yard so you could see him working his legs better but of course since I had the camera he wanted to run straight to me lol
    It said the video was "currently unavailable". But it's good to know he's doing well and a camera hog.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue