Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lili (again)

Thanks

Aww. poor sweetheart Lili. I hope the doctors can heal her pain, and let her run again. Hurry back, Mom.

Thanks

Thank you everyone for all of the rayz. I'm sorry I didn't give an update last night but between the long plane ride and the stress of the day, I was pretty zonked out last night.

First off, the doctor says Lili is doing great.

DH got there around 2:30 ish yesterday and when he called me he said they did recommend surgery, but they were going to do a CTScan first. By the time I was on the plane, they were evaluating Lili for anesthesia.

It was not an easy plane ride. Not the flight itself, but I basically prayed until I fell asleep. I was able to read a book when I woke but my thoughts were half-elsewhere.

I don't think DH had heard anything yet when I got off the plane. But about an hour later he got a call saying that she was out of surgery & in the process of waking up.

The surgeon said it went well. A disc had ruptured -- a different one than the one that had a problem last April. Apparently that disc had healed well (nice to know that the crate rest worked well that time). He ended up removing three masses (I couldn't tell whether there were three different discs or not -- getting all of this second hand).

They had to move the spinal column to get everything, and so they were actually expecting her to be doing worse today than she was yesterday. But DH just called and said that the vet said that she's doing great, better than expected. She's not standing on her own yet, but she's doing well enough that they're taking her off some of her treatments (I don't know what that means -- probably that they're reducing her pain meds.) He was off to see her and see the surgeon before the surgeon left, so hopefully I will hear more soon.

That's all the news for now. Thank you for all the rayz, and please feel free to keep them coming.

I'm a little less worried now, but of course I don't think it will all go away until I get to hold her again.
    Opaleyz, mom to Lili & Jasper - Sis to Gabby Auntie to Chloe & Gretta & Lexie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

*phew* This is a great update, all things considered!!!! Many many more and coming at you all. When do you get home? (And how's your grandmother doing?)
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

That is a really good update!! Focus on your visit with your Grandmother. Lili will understand and you can make it up to her when you get home

Lots and lots of rayz for your beautiful girl.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Thanks again, everyone. We'll be going to see my grandmother this morning, so I'm looking forward to that. She had a bad fall just over a week ago that put her in the hospital. She's in rehabilitation right now and doing physical therapy. I'll be in Phoenix for two weeks. This trip has been planned for about a year now. It's been more than two years since I've been home.

I got a chance to talk to the vet surgeon this morning. He said they were amazed at the progress Lili had made in just 12 hours. They're taking her off the intravenous pain meds and just giving her oral meds now (tramadol & rimadyl). She's already doing a joint bunny hop with her back legs -- can't move them independently yet. They're going to keep her in the ICU ward today b/c it's a holiday. They're keeping a close eye on her in case she'll need them to express her. They plan on doing water therapy with her when she's ready.

The vet actually said that if she continues recovering at this speed, she'd actually be ready to go home by Wed. or Thurs. But they'll actually keep her until Sat., when DH will be able to go back to get her. This way, she'll have more time with physical therapy with them.

DH got to visit with her this morning and said she was pretty perky and wanted to go home. She was happy to see him but kept looking toward the door, waiting for me. But she's better off where she is right now.

Thanks

GREAT news! Sounds like a successful surgery and amazing recovery and your DH has it under control - which is more amazing, since my companion would be at a total loss. Enjoy your visit and it will be fine! Lots of recovery for Lili!!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Wow, fast recovery! Lili is a super-doggie. Ours couldn't even wag his tail for 5 days, barely standing after 10 days. Lili is already prancing about. She rocks!

Thanks

Sending prayers and forLili. for you as well.

Thanks

The vet called with another update today. Lili is peeing on her own, and walking as well (albeit w/ some wobbliness) I am so very grateful that she is doing as well as she is.

I didn't really get to ask any intelligent questions, as they called a lot earlier than I was expecting (and I was in the shower at the time). I don't know if they've started water therapy yet or not. They might call with further news later this afternoon. I'll let you know more when I know more.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I've missed some of your updates. I'm so glad that Lili is doing so well Sending more for continued healing and for you and the DH
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue