Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lili (again)

Thanks

That is a phenomenal update!! Continued rayz for your beauty.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Awesome update!!! I love that they called you...now that's a great vet! and more coming your way (and a few for your grandmother too ).
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

As mentioned, AWESOME UPDATE!!! Sounds like she's recovering amazingly well - wooooooohoooooooo! (And your vet is amazing, too!!!) Adding more , just in case.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

What uplifting news of her progress. You not only have a wonderful husband but a great doctor too. Enjoy your family. Cherish the moments. Your grandmother must be overjoyed to see you. Best wishes for a good New Year!

Thanks

great great news! Technology/medical svc has come so very very far for these guys!!! Will keep sending
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

I got another call from the vet student this morning. Lili threw up her food today. She'd shown some reluctance with eating, and at first we thought maybe it was b/c they were giving her wet food (DH forgot to leave the food I had bagged up for her). But she still seemed averse to the dry food, and then this morning happened.

Of course, when she said she threw up, I immediately thought to ask whether they were giving her pepcid. Don't know why I didn't think of it earlier (bad mommy), but at least I thought of it today. They weren't, and I explained that we always gave her a dose 1/2 an hour before the other meds. (I thought that would have been standard in a vet's office, and is probably why I didn't think to ask about it earlier. But now I know better.) So they're going to try that, and I think her food aversion will magically go away Hopefully that will do the trick.

She's continuing to respond to therapy well, but they aren't going to start water therapy until the incision is healed, so she may or may not get it this visit (we'll be going back for a follow-up in Feb.).

Thanks for all the rayz, everyone. Please keep them coming.
    Opaleyz, mom to Lili & Jasper - Sis to Gabby Auntie to Chloe & Gretta & Lexie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Still moving in the right direction!!! I wonder if her tummy problems are because of the pain drugs? I know Alex had that issue after her cancer surgery. A little bit was ok, but longer use eventually did her tummy in. Maxe had the same issue with steroids (prednisone) years ago. that she's ok! Tons more and !!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I"m betting the pepcid clears up the tummy problems. But it sounds like other than that, she's making good progress
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Can't believe the vets didn't think about Pepcid! More
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Our vet told us Pepcid doesn't help much, yet won't harm. Hmm. So maybe they see it as an unnecessary expense when only a few dogs need it. But which ones? Aye, there's the rub.