Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default omeN (now with pictures)

A friend pointed out to me that Nemo spelled backwards is omen. At my house in CT, roads are closed and not plowed. In a non-drift area if our yard, we have 2.5 feet and drifts of four feet and more. Last night we had thunder snow and it HAILED. The meteorologists were in their glory with that one. A true weather phenomena.

Just some pics I took from inside because it will be awhile before we can get out and about. The dogs are freaked out. We shoveled a potty spot but the snow is so high, it must look like the Rocky Mountains to them!! Will post pics when I can figure out Photobucket which isn't cooperating.

Pictures.
    8am on Friday when Nemo began. Remember the fence...you will see a difference in later pics:

11pm Friday:

4:30am today, Saturday, 2/9 - There's our 6 foot fence I mentioned earlier and the light post? It's 4 feet:

8am today, Saturday, 2/9 - view from our bay window:

Another shot from this morning. Those little nubs are the top of our split rail fence in our front yard:
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

Awesome!! From no snow to that? Wow. Congratulations. lol
    You now have as much snow as we do, but it took some time to build our collection. Be sure to dig out a window well if you have a basement and need an escape route in case of fire. Are you planning on digging a 'race track' so they can run a loop and get back to the house? Fun for them but no fun to dig, on top of all the shoveling to do already. Don't hurt yourself!

I had trouble with photobucket last night. It downloaded a photo sideways and when I went to edit, it wanted me to move to their new site. I just sighed. Didn't want to start that.

Ch. Beau, our 14 yr old red guy
    Georgia Peach pie, 8 yrs old
    Jemma, red pie girl 1 year

~Penny~

Thanks

while I was in shorts and flip flops hating the heat AND pollen already.... I have to move north - so sick of heat.
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

I love that we've decided it's necessary to name snowstorms. Like it's not already annoying enough that we name hurricanes . Although I do have to laugh at the cartoons showing 4 foot drift piles of little orange fish .

That's crazy, Robyne! I hope you and David and the Zoo are safe & warm, and no one has to go anywhere for awhile... and that you have plenty of wine and snacks!!
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

OMG, unbelievable! I"ve been wearing t shirts for a couple weeks and my roses and geraniums are blooming. They think it's spring!

I'm glad you came thru it safely and the B's are okay with it now. Amazingly, when Ike came thru my dogs could have cared less. Except for Scooter, they stayed in bed with me when the DH went and checked the house for leaks and when we did get up they just wanted their breakfast and then laid on the bed just like it was a normal day
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

ĦAy, caramba! That's a LOT of snow! And all in 1 day is amazing. Yup, but it sure looks pretty. Good luck shoveling yourself outta that snowbank. Kids are gonna enjoy making huge snow-forts under that pile. Yay! Your pups are gonna need lotsa help plowing thru all that to go potty. Nemo missed us, bringing only heavy winds, leaving only 1 felled tree (it's chainsaw time).

Thought this belongs here, cuz it also applies in CT:

Thanks

Hard go imagine all that snow!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

We're still "enjoying" the tag end of the same storm, which started Friday night, stormed all day yesterday, and is still snowing and blowing, although the sun is doing its best to come out. Nemo joined up with another huge storm coming from Ontario...so love being at the meeting point for southern and western storm systems ), so we really got nailed.

Not as much snow (we probably got about 18"), but it's blowing to beat the band out there...parts of the shore have clocked gusts at 164km (that's 98 MPH), which is the equivalent of a category 2 hurricane. The news has been full of stories about roofs being blown off, and a grocery store which lost one whole wall in NB. Not quite that bad here, fortunately, but shoveling is useless until the wind drops a bit. I've dug out a chunk of the back deck for James (much to his dismay LOL), but it just keeps blowing in again. Also haven't been able to get to the horses since Friday; fortunately Suzanne's partner Greg has looked after them yesterday and tomorrow. But I HAVE to get over there tomorrow, so it had better sort itself out. So there.

Have I mentioned how much I hate winter??

Stay safe, everyone!!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Let's move to Aruba, Paula!!!!!!
    Stay safe and warm...spring is just a few months away. Ha!
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

So thats where all the snow went. Connecticut! We were supposed to get slammed here and although we got a decent amount it sure doesn't look like that! As long as you have enough wine and snacks and dog food you'll be safe til spring. Happy digging. Oye.