Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks

Thanks so much for sharing all the pictures.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

Wink

Hope the dachs that hit the pole is alright. That has to be devastating for a breeder/handler that work so hard to get to Westminster not only for the chance at the prestige but your awesome dog and best friend is injured.That has to be worst of all. You certainly seemed to have had a great trip and wonderful seats. Thank you for sharing all the pix and all your adventures. I can live vicariously thro' your posts.

Thanks

We got to ring 10 early . We had to wait for a prior breed judging to finish when the seats (pier 94) were vacated. I immediately sprang forward and was able to get a ringside seat. My husband stood for almost 3 hours behind me. The Bassett Hound judging took place after the smooth,& wire hair. The Bassets preceded the long haired Dachshunds. So we were at ring 10 for a long time. The breeder of the dog I mentioned was not the handler. I don't think she owned the dog. If she had been the owner, I'm sure she would not have stayed for the completion of the judging. I say this because I asked her if they would take the dog to the onsite Vet clinic, and she said they would. The other breeder (a man from Georgia) who sat to my left, had breed two of the dogs in the ring. All these people were very willing to answer my questions. On Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden a breeder who sat behind us explained that this year, 2013 was the first time a reserve dog was being picked at the shows. This is a change in the AKC rules. The reserve is like an alternate first place & a great honor. She said that not everyone in the dog circuits liked the idea. So, it was for us a great experience! It was like being around four legged "Rock Stars". Westminster is a bucket list dream dream come true. Last May we went to the Kentucky Derby another list item. These two events are the oldest sporting events ever held in the USA.

Thanks

Wink

The Derby,The Garden......what's next? Sounds like a great year. The reserve dog is probably a good idea just in case. Any more pix? I had to print the picture of the Yorkie with his hair all wrapped up for a co-worker. She is crazy for her little Yorkie(she got him for her daughters-he's all hers).I thought she would get a kick out of what the show dogs have to go through

Thanks

This is some I of the list photos I too with my phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

I love that last pic of all the handlers on the ground with treats. That's a lot of frustrated dachsies!!

Sounds like a really great year!!! I always watched the Kentucky Derby on TV...it was an annual ritual until I saw Barbero break his ankle. I almost threw up watching that. (A horse I had many years ago had to be euthanized after breaking a leg...heartbreaking.) I can't even watch horse racing any more . Horse shows have always had reserve champions (which is basically second place ) the theory being that if something happens to the champion, then they move up (kinda like beauty pageants ).
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

.....about the Derby.... I was very nervous for the horses that Saturday, May 5th 2012 as the ground had been very soaked the previous night due to a big storm.Fortunately the sun came out that morning. I totally understand your feelings. (I love horses but never owned one.) Even a little longhair Doxie injured its paw at the judging and had to be removed. I too have mixed feeling about all the things that we humans do with animals. At least we can only hope that the majority of people have animals for the right reasons. <3

Thanks

Thanx for the extra pictures

Thanks

Could not resist to show the reserve dog;