Thanks

Default Huge Recall on Multiple Dog Treats

Go to Dogfoodadvisor.com where they are listed. Can't believe how many stores and brands are involved! Should be posted here, but I haven't the remotest idea how to do it.
    Candy

Thanks

Thanks

I only buy treats & food that are made in the USA. That is not a 100% guarantee but I try to check labels. Thanks for the advisory. I think we should stick to basics with the dogs. Too many exotic choices. My first dog had a Nyla bone, a calcium bone and got milk bones.

Thanks

If I recall correctly, isn't it pretty rare for salmonella to cause illness in dogs? I was thinking I read that about raw food feeding - that is why dogs can eat raw chicken, but humans need to cook it thoroughly and be very careful about sanitation if they feed their dogs raw chicken . Hopefully our raw feeders will correct me if I'm off track, but it seems like the bigger danger with these treats might be to humans who handle them.

(I never wash my hands after giving the girls a treat... so it's a good reminder either way )
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Mine get real cheddar cheese and pork rinds. They ain't never gonna leave home, you couldn't pry them from here with a Howitzer.

Thanks

Redhaired Girl----Thanks for posting the link.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls View Post
    If I recall correctly, isn't it pretty rare for salmonella to cause illness in dogs? I was thinking I read that about raw food feeding - that is why dogs can eat raw chicken, but humans need to cook it thoroughly and be very careful about sanitation if they feed their dogs raw chicken . Hopefully our raw feeders will correct me if I'm off track, but it seems like the bigger danger with these treats might be to humans who handle them.

(I never wash my hands after giving the girls a treat... so it's a good reminder either way )
    That's my understanding of it, Kim. And I think the real danger is for those with compromised immune systems. But with everyone suing everyone else for anything, I think they have to have a recall.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue