Thread: Nope...no food.

Thanks

Default Nope...no food.

The Cpt and I just got back from a fantastic vacation with the B's at our "happy place", Hatteras Island, NC.

We stopped at my parents' house overnight on the way down, which is about half way for us, so that it isn't such a long ride for the dogs.

On Sunday, we arrived at our rental home and began to unpack and start to settle in. I go to feed the dogs and I can find Bayley's wet food but neither her dry nor Braydi's dry.(Bayley is on a special diet of wet and dry food we can only get from a vet). I turn to the Cpt and ask, "Where is the dry food?" As God is my witness, my husband turned white as a sheet...he had forgotten it at my parents' house. Six and a half hours away.

Now, it's Sunday night. On Hatteras Island. The closet pet store for Braydi's food is more than 30 minutes away and it's already closed. And forget about a vet...it too is closed. Thankfully we had some wet food and Braydi can eat that too until we can finally get to Nags Head on Monday...

So...Monday morning we call a vet office just down the street from the PetSmart in Nags Head. Yep, they say have the food. Hallelujah!! We drive 30 minutes to that vet. Guess what? They have the brand but not the specific type of food...never mind we specifically asked for it when we called. So we go to PetSmart for Braydi's food. In the mean time, I'm not getting Internet service on my phone to search for other vets. The Cpt quite literally stood outside the store, in the rain, in one very.specific.spot...to get service. Found one vet...no, they don't carry it but this one might. Call that one: HALLELUJAH!! They have it. In total, we drove 84 miles (42 each way between our rental home and the vet) for Bayley's food.

Thankfully the rest of our vacation was far less stressful... What we do for our fur-kids!!
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Well, I'm glad you got SOME rest on your vacation Driving around trying to find a somewhere to get food in an area you're not familiar with . . . not fun. But I"m sure that Bayley appreciated it
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

You both are awesome parents
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Yeah, the things we do for love. Oooh, I'd be in big trouble for leaving behind the grub. Glad you had a fabulous time in Hatteras. I hear it's a beautiful place. Are the B's allowed to run amok along the shoreline?

Thanks

Hatteras does have a leash law but many people ignore it. Mine both stay on FlexiLeads on the beach or else one would end up in SC and the other in Maine. They do love to romp on the beach and Hatteras is so dog friendly! We love that it is so peaceful, beautiful and totally dog friendly! The people in the house across from us also had a doxie...a little Black and Tan. I swear our B's and that doggy talked to each other every day. . And the owner of a great shop down there has two doxies and his mother, who lives in TX has seven rescued doxies.
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

It sounds beautiful. I am glad you had a wonderful, restful vacation - except for the driving around for dog food, which just re-enforces how awesome you and the Cpt are!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

This made me , Robyne. Been there when I was cooking for Alex and travelling. Glad you had a good time.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

ITA - you are both awesome parents!!!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.