I am a bit worried about Miley and Pretzel. 2 weeks ago Miley went and finally got spayed at the clinic. 2 days after being home we had to put a cone on her because she was licking her wound a lot and we didn't want it to get infected. Shortly after putting the cone on her we noticed her start to cough a bit, and it sounded a bit like kennel cough. It seemed like the coughing would get better when we would take the cone off (I read that it makes the throat very sensitive to touch and they will cough more if it's irritated so I figure the cone was irritating it). Anyhow, a few days after that Pretzel starts sneezing really bad and has a runny nose, but no coughing. Miley is out of her cone now and pretty much all healed up, but she is also sneezing and has a runny nose. They are sneezing and snorting constantly, but neither of them are coughing at all.

Basically my question is this. Do you think Miley brought home kennel cough with her and then gave it to Pretzel? Or do you think they have something else? I feel bad for them. :( We are getting ready to head to the store and I am going to buy some extra strength robitussin and give them a little bit to help them out.

Do you think this will go away on its own or is it going to render a vet visit (which we prefer not to do because the vet is sooooo expensive)?

Thanks y'all for any help!!!

Oh yeah, Miley has been eating her poop too, all of it pretty much every time she poops. If we don't catch her in the act of pooping to pick it up immediately we then just find the remnants of where the poop was, disgusting! Is she doing this because she is sick???