Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sophie

Thanks

Default Sophie

I am heartbroken as well as dumbfounded. Friday Sophie was fine 100% normal. Saturday morning she also seemed fine. Saturday afternoon she was laying on her bed and did not want to go outside with everyone else which is not unusual for her... she was not crazy about being outside. When it was dinner time she went to her crate to eat, but when I let everyone out of their crates she had not eaten and that is unusual. I picked up her food and decided to offer her food again later... thought maybe her stomach was upset. I was going to work a Kiwanis function @ 5:30. When I returned home @ 10:30 she had passed away. She was only 11 years old and I had her since she was a puppy. She has been so healthy and has always seen her vet regularly, always takes her heartworm meds and her annual shots. I feel awful, if I'd had any indication that she was seriously ill I would have taken her straight to the e-vet. I have two seniors 14 & 13 that are slowing down and I know that I will have to say goodbye to them down the road sooner than I want, but I thought I had many years left with Sophie. She is the only pup that I didn't send to the bridge with me with them when they were old and ill and ready. I have no idea how a happy healthy dog can pass way like this.... such a sad day.
    Ann-Marie and Lulu
    Shelby , Yogi , Sophie & Lucy

Saving just one dog won't change the world...but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    Unknown

Thanks

Tragic! Can't post more. Shaking and crying.

Thanks

Poor Sophie. Our condolences to you, Ann-Marie. Gosh, what a sudden onset. May she rest in peace.

BTW, do you happen to give any dog treats, from China? Esp. the dehydrated chicken? Chinese treats have been implicated in the mysterious poisoning & deaths of many otherwise healthy dogs.

Thanks

Oh my, Ann-Marie! I am so very sorry. I'm sure that was a huge shock, and certainly very painful. Our sympathies from Kentucky...
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Default so sorry about sophie

so sorry about your sophie

Thanks

Oh, no! I can imagine how shocked you are. There's no way to know when it's their time - possibly an aneurysm or something. Of course you wouldn't know how sick she was! Please don't blame yourself. My deepest condolences.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Oh lord, AnnMarie. All of our worst nightmares. There are absolutely no words. None. Just know that we're holding you close in our hearts right now. Godspeed, little girl.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

I'm so sorry .

My little Tristan went quickly like that from some sort of spleen tumor that interfered with his heart or lungs. We didn't know there was anything wrong and he was fine in the morning when I left for work (my husband offered him a treat which he didn't want, and suddenly realized he was uncomfortable, but it was too late for the vet to do anything). He was about Sophie's age (ten and a half).

I've always been grateful he went quickly and with no apparent suffering, and I know he knew we loved him.

I know that doesn't help your heart, though.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Some times there is on reason or even signs they just go to sleep and do not wake u.

Hugs and prayers.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

1199 N. Terry Street, #344, Eugene, Oregon 97402
    Thanks

I lost my Rikka suddenly last June and it's so hard to understand. She was healthy and active (only 9 years old) just like Sophie. It hurts a lot, but it helps to remember all the cute and fun things she was and did. My heart breaks for you (and still for me).

I started to cry just now and Axel came over for hugs and kisses. I am so grateful to have him to help me through this.
    Oscar 05/01/2000 - 12/05/12
    Otto 02/29/2000 - 05/12/2010
    Rikka 07/11/2004 - 06/18/2013
    Axel 03/31/2009
    Diablo RIP Evil Kitty
    Rudi 11/06/2017