Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

I myself would be careful about walkies so soon also...but you know her best...more rays for your girl....
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox View Post
    You might be able to take her on a "walk" in the house or backyard. After Amanda, has cancer surgery they said she could go on short, slow walks. So we walked around the backyard first and then the cul-de-sac at the end of the street. She was NOT impressed.
    There is a community across the street that is mostly seniors. There is nothing exciting going on over there, so that would be my best option. Also, there will probably be others out on short, slow walks. If we go in the yard, she is going to think "BALL!!" This first week has sailed past, and she has been a very good girl. I hope this continues.
    Tanya, Peaches & Piper Man

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUVMYGUNNER View Post
    I myself would be careful about walkies so soon also...but you know her best...more rays for your girl....
    Thank you, Irma. I will be careful with my baby girl. She is my heart & soul, and I'd never do something that didn't have her best interest in mind.
    Tanya, Peaches & Piper Man

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    There is a community across the street that is mostly seniors. There is nothing exciting going on over there, so that would be my best option. Also, there will probably be others out on short, slow walks. If we go in the yard, she is going to think "BALL!!" This first week has sailed past, and she has been a very good girl. I hope this continues.
    The senior community would probably be a good choice. Having never had a ball obsessed dog, I forget how Peaches mind works. That wouldn't be good at all!

I hope things keep going well with the crate rest
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Sounds great, Tanya . I asked about the laser treatment. My vet said he did not think it would do much for disc injury because it wouldn't go deep enough. Maybe it relaxes the superficial muscles. Anything's worth a try.

I'm glad your vet was supportive of a little controlled exercise. DH was worried about muscle atrophy with the idea of 8 weeks of crate rest, so we introduced a little more gradual mobility for Angel too. I would be mindful of other risks (like running squirrels and such - that would be too much for Cassie to handle).

Continued rayz and
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

I dunno anything about laser treatments. But while on the topic...

We just found a new vet (for cat), a holistic vet, per his window sign. We asked him about doxie IVDD, and he said they don't do surgery for IVDD back home in China. Instead he said acupuncture alone fixes it. Yes, he does that. Hmm. I wonder if it really does work? Or success rates? Any idea?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

I'd say it might help, but it won't cure it. Don't forget that there is a somewhat ...um..."different" attitude towards companion animals in China .
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

I don't know if it is due to the difference in injury but I can see a major difference in Sam who had laser and Scooby who didn't. Any future incidences will include laser.
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!