Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
There is NOTHING wrong with the Hills prescription diets!!!!!!!!! The rest of their food, maybe not so much, but the prescription diets, ESP i/d and a/d are what kept Alex and Jules going. (No, they're not paying me to say this ).
I know, Paula, and ITA... but it it is just one type, and I've always tried to vary their food to give them different proteins and other nutrients. I fed Tristan T/D all his life, and I DO think that one was pretty much crap.

I don't want to feed raw (for sanitary issues... mine, not theirs), and as we are about to tear our kitchen down for a remodel (that knowing us will probably take 10 years), I don't think I can make them a home cooked diet with a toaster oven .

Cassie has the chronic inflammatory rhinitis as well as a tendency for bloating and other GI issues (I am sure her desire to eat things that are plastic has nothing to do with that), and as my husband stated, "she is a delicate balance." Sometimes the rhinitis will lead to infections. Last time we took her in for vaccines, she ended up with pneumonia a couple weeks later (responded great to antibiotics). She is doing great now, so it's very hard for me to change anything (((sigh))).

I still very their canned food a little... Wellness chicken or turkey, sometimes salmon or whitefish.