Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renee's Marta

Hybrid View

Thanks

Thank you all for your support, friendship, mentorship, and kind words.

Marta had a beautiful life, thanks to those around her. We miss her dearly, but we could not ask for anything more. She had a rich full life, and lived past everyone's expectations. Truly she was a gift.

The last 1.5 years, she required around the clock attention and care. Marta brought out the best in everyone, as we all worked together to keep her happy and comfortable. (some days she would be zippy, other days she was weak due to heart issues and what the vets think was some sort of untreatable cancer.)

Her last week with us, she was very weak and starting to show signs of shutting down. Marta's vet implemented a last ditch effort, and after a few days, Marta said her goodbyes to her friends in front of our house, then came inside and clearly let us know it was her time. (She just melted in my arms, and we contacted our vet.) Such a lady. Her passing was so incredibly peaceful and clear that I finally understand what it means to celebrate a life.

Marta loved meeting new people, socializing, playing, ra-ra-running, and learning new things. We loved seeing everything Pokey taught her.

Our house is quite empty for the first time in a long time. We aren't ready for another love so soon. However, we just started talking about fostering again…

Both Pokey and Marta had no place to go, and were misunderstood. Both of them had beautiful lives thanks to all of those around them. Thanks so much DLC!
    Adopt a Senior!

-Renée and Pokey (1992-2008)

Thanks

P.S. Thank you, Rae, for this thread. (I'm super glad I found it while well stocked with Kleenex!) xoxo
    Adopt a Senior!

-Renée and Pokey (1992-2008)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pokeys Mom For This Useful Post:

Rae

Thanks

Please pass on my deepest sympathies.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

It's tough to have that empty house thing happening, Renee. I know that since I lost James in December, it's been very very quiet around here. Fostering is a good idea until your heart is ready for another one who needs you. Lovely remembering Marta (and Brave Sir Pokey ).
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Oh, darn. Now I'm all teary. Marta was such a special girl.

Good to see you here, Renee. Even if it is under difficult circumstances.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue