Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Exclamation 50 - 60 Dachshunds

I got an email concerning 50 - 60 dachshunds that need rescue. It seems it all started out with 3 dachshunds. Most of these dogs are not socialized so it will be hard to find places for them. I'm planning a trip down to Salina to take photos and food as they are having a hard time feeding these poor dogs. I think the best plan is to raise funds to get at least the females altered so there will be no more puppies. I'm asking for help and ideas ... HELP!!!
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Wow, that's a lot of dogs! I have no ideas, but would be willing to help you financially.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

What organization is sheltering these dogs? Are they from a mill? What is the story? Many "feral" dogs can be socialized once they are in a humane setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Ugggh. Thank you so much for going in and helping them out Shonda. That is so sad.

What org is raising money. Can you post a link here?

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Is this a hoarding situation, Shonda? So sad!!!! If they weren't so far away, I could take a few of them in. What pet supply stores are there (that might be here too) so at least we could send a gift card. Or is there a vet clinic you are working with that we could make a donation to? Bless you for trying to help, and please keep us posted, ok?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Yes hoarding not a mill but these dogs will have the same issues.

I'm working on all of the answers to your questions and will be going down there which is 3 hour trip on Friday to "assess" the situation and take photos. Starting tomorrow (Monday) I'll be calling the area vets down there and see if I can set up something with them to work on getting the females spayed. I'm hoping to find a vet with a mobile until that has a kind heart.
    Last edited by Frzframe; 12-23-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

Wow. Thank you so much for helping. Please keep us posted.

Thanks

Oh, wow! Thanks for your help. I'm not working right now but if you post donation suggestions I will do what I can.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Default how sad

i bet they are scared

Thanks

Is there an update?

Ch. Beau, our 14 yr old red guy
    Georgia Peach pie, 8 yrs old
    Jemma, red pie girl 1 year

~Penny~