Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default I Savannah Jane, have had an EPIC adventure

so Mommy came home from church and I was doing the potty dance at the back door. she opened the kitchen door that goes to the back porch and the outside outside door blew open and I ran like the wind.

Ran. Like. The. Wind.

Bolted.

Went straight under the fence and while mommy was calling me in her sicky-sweet worried to death "ima choke you out when I catch you" voice, I just kept running.

There was SOOOO much to sniff that if Mommy had not had to get her fat fanny over two fences I think she would have caught me! I followed my snoot to the place where the cows all gather. It was the most delightfully stinky thing ever. I savored the stinkiness!

I did NOT roll in the stinkiness, but you know they have been advertising the Olympics on TV and I thought as any good German dog would that I might ought to try my paw at ICE SKATING to see if I can help represent my country in Sochi.

SO I WENT OUT ON THE ICE OF THE POND, and Mommy threw a high speed come-apart hissy fit. I think she was scared. It was almost 40 degrees and I weigh 10 pounds. There is no way that ice should have held.

SO i turned around and got back on the nice soft squishy stinky mud on the bank of the cow pond and mommy snatched me up, muddy and poopy and all, and held me close.

She held me close while she walked back toward my house. She held me close when she climbed over the first fence. She held me close while she climbed over the second fence. She held me close when she came in the house and put me straight into the big sink in the mud room and proceeded to bathe me with... vigor.

She held me close as she bathed, rinsed, and repeated three times to get the cow shit smell off. Then she towel dried me and sent me to Mah Daddeh.

THEN she took off her nice pretty church boots and went into the bedroom where Daddy was. There seems to be a problem with her church clothes, like as in she does not like climbing fences and chasing me to the cow poop pond and then having to hold my poopy self close all the way back and then give me a baff while I am all poopy.

But mostly she is glad that I didn't fall through the ice, and that cow poop was the worst of our problems today.

She is also VERY upset that I did not heed any of her commands to stop and/or come here, whether voiced nicely, firmly, harshly, and loudly or not.

Mom here. This dog is going to be the death of me.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

No cows wuz harmed in the excitement of my adventure.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

OMG! I thought that Scooter, Cash and Miller running down the street was scary! (Well, it was scary but not as much as ice!)

Thank goodness everyone is home and safe and clean. I know that those were favorite clothes but they are just clothes and can be replaced. At least, try to think of it that way.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    No cows wuz harmed in the excitement of my adventure.
    LOL!
    I was having STRESS just reading that adventure. I would have had kittens.
    How come daddy gets sugar and spice and everything nice and mummy gets, well, cow pies. On her nice clothes.

If she had fallen through the ice, what would you have done?
    You have some time to consider that now. Hope you never need to solve that problem, but do think about it.

Ch. Beau, our 14 yr old red guy
    Georgia Peach pie, 8 yrs old
    Jemma, red pie girl 1 year

~Penny~

Thanks

The pond is shallow with a gentle slope. I'd have grabbed that tree limb I spotted on my left and waded in after her and probably gotten stuck in the mud. But my neighbors across the road and down one house were just getting home from church and I can scream loudly.

The ice was melting enough that had she fallen through and gotten trapped underneath I could have broken it with the limb. Or my boot.

Kittens were certainly a possibility.

We must work on recall. Life or death.

Thanks

Wow, so happy that SJ came home safely. That was quite the scary adventure, indeed! I'd have kittens too. Dang!

Thanks

Girl was on a naughty mission! So glad she's ok and you are too. Have you noticed your hair graying since SJ came into your life?
    Tanya, Peaches & Piper Man

Thanks

Good grief! That could have ended so badly. So glad everyone is safe and sound! Yes, a reliable recall is a must. Sadly Jack doesn't have it but we've been lucky so far. Good luck.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Truly was between laughter and tears reading this. Amazing how quickly the important things emerge in a crisis (but seriously sorry about your clothes...been there ).

Rae, you need to get the two of you to some obedience classes. Stat. This was too scary.

BTW, glad that the cows are OK.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

This is when the lure of human food is a must. A must I tell you! Mitzimoo was just like your little SJ. Anytime the front door was open she would try to dart out it. She has perfect recall but became deaf when she was free. She would not come back to me she would barely slow down even when I sat down to try to trick her...no she was way to smart go fall for any of that nonsense. So once I got it into my head she had to see me eating yummy human food while yelling Mitzimoo treat she would stop and finally listen. Then she had to sit stay to get a wee tiny bite. Then once I picked her up the rest of it all the while she was told what a good girl she was. Never once did I scold her which was so hard. It got to the point if she got out I would leave the front door open yell treat and then by the time I got it from the fridge she would be standing a right here waiting for me the little brat.

I did giggle while reading about your adventure because it sent me back to Moos puppy days except we dodged cars instead of cows.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]