Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default 11 puppies in the house (ok 2 houses) ... mega rayzzz needed

Went down to pick up more dogs/puppies today and all did not turn out as we wanted. First we wanted two momma's with their litters but instead we got 11 weened puppies. Five went to a first time foster home and all are doing good and looked healthy. Out of the six that went to a very experienced rescuer (thank goodness) three aren't doing so good and in fact we're very worried we'll lose one or two of them. :( I didn't get a chance to see the puppies when the owner brought them out as it was getting late aka dark and it was snowing up a blizzard. So, once we got the first "litter" (I'm positive its a mixture of two/three litters) settled in and eating I dropped off the second "litter" to Valerie. I came back and she told me three were sick. Sure enough by the time we had their nails trimmed one was vomiting and was breathing funny. Three were very dehydrated so we forced water into them and then forced some sugar water into them to help level out their blood sugar because they are tiny little things. The owner did call me on our way home telling me that three of the puppies from the second "litter" were small but that he thought they were runts and he'd been deworming them. This makes me sick ... poor babies. But, I'm glad that I didn't get what I asked for and pray that the new born pups are safe and can stay healthy until the big pull which might be 2/3 weeks from now.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frzframe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I"m glad all the pups are now in caring hands. Sending prayers that they all make it.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

for the little ones
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Tons of for all!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

So glad you're there to help, Shonda. Lotsa healthy rayz for da puppies. I hope they weren't poisoned. Diatomatious earth for deworming doesn't make 'em up-chuck. Hope they make it thru this ordeal.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

they couldn't be in better hands, Shonda. Sending tons and tons of and keeping everything crossed. Will be waiting for an update.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Shonda posted on FB two of the puppies has parvo. Please send meg for the other puppies that were the same house litter).
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

They are lucky you are there to help them. Lots of love coming your way from Elliott and I for you and those little babies. Keep us posted.

Loving my Elliott,
    Gina

Thanks

Just checking back in. How are the babies? Any pics to share?

Loving my Elliott,
    Gina

Thanks

for the pups. How are they doing?
    Iris (Jack's Mom, valet and cook)