Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

That drug study info is on Comfortis.com (manuf) very own web site.

See "product label" in http://www.comfortis.com/about-comfortis/index.aspx
    Last edited by Ivan; 02-19-2014 at 02:21 PM. Reason: post manuf ref

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Yes, Ivan. Thank you for the information.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Default Who has a tick problem?

Interestingly we never really encountered tics until the last year or so. I never hear anyone I know who have dogs admit that they see any tics. So I don't want to even ask for "fear" that they will think we have tic issues. The Vet said that this is the worst year for tics in FL. She never mentioned Comfortis. They did post a disclaimer on their website that said they have never had issues with the product. However, once we were given a tic/flea collar that Sparky had a terrible reaction to. I had to call the mfr. I also had to take him to the Vet for shots and medication. It was awful. I appreciate all the above comments. We check them daily, bathe them as needed and medicate with topical meds. I thought a harsh winter where you all live would kill most of the tics for the year. Again...thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SasatheRusty; 03-04-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks

Ticks seems to be strange little creatures. I've lived within 5 miles of the same area since 1987 and we had never had ticks until a couple years ago and suddenly they were everywhere. We sprayed the yard, bathed the dogs used Cloud Nine Spray to try to repel them but nothing worked. We finally started on the Comfortis and had great luck with it. It didn't bother any of the dogs and we had NO ticks at all on them. I don't know why ticks suddenly appeared in this area. The only thing that was different was that we had a drought. Possibly they do like hot dry climates? I don't know.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I use to give Comfortis to my dogs, but after reading bad reviews I stopped giving it to them.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Patt....did you give comfortis for fleas or tics or both? How old are the dogs and did they have any adverse reactions? Also, how long were they on it? What are you currently using? Thx. Just trying to learn more from those who have had experience with the product.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SasatheRusty View Post
    Patt....did you give comfortis for fleas or tics or both? How old are the dogs and did they have any adverse reactions? Also, how long were they on it? What are you currently using? Thx. Just trying to learn more from those who have had experience with the product.
    That's the best way to learn in my opinion.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SasatheRusty View Post

Fleas. I wasn't aware it was for ticks. At the time it was for fleas only.
    It's been a few years, at that time I believe the dogs were approximately 4y 7y 8y.
    Probably on it a year or less. The one Doxie was kind of lethargic, but she also started having problems with other meds.
    Also previous years (before Comfortis) I used Advantage and Program. I had a very bad experience with Frontline. So I just stopped all the toxic junk.
    Although I do use Sentinel monthly to prevent heartworms.
    My cat population is down so is the flea problem. I occasionally use Capstar if needed.

Most of my vets clients that use Comfortis are very happy with the product.

I hope this helps.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)