Threaded View

Thanks

Default Theo went down tonight. (Update - Post #122)

Tonight at dinner time when Theo went to do his little pee, I noticed that his couldn't really stand to pee so I brought him to his regular vets and then to the Animal hospital because he was partially paralyzed in his back right leg. Went the vet did the toe test, his little foot just stayed bent back in the position she had placed it in. He passed with the left one but its not strong either. He was examined at the hospital, and he is staying the night and the neurologist is going to see him in the morning. They are monitored 24hrs there, so if he has a seizure he won't be alone. I am freaking out. The vet at the hospital said he will definitely need surgery, its not an emergency like when a dog is 100% down so they would do it at the beginning of next week. Going to cost me 4,000 dollars of which I have 1,200. Not sure how I am going to raise the 2,800 either which is a major stress on me right now. I just want whats best for him and they surgery is the best for him. I have a thousand thoughts running through my head right now and I feel really sick. I couldn't believe the care he received when we arrived there. They were waiting for us at the front desk and took Theo right away to be examined and then came and spoke to Kayla (my niece) and I to explain everything. I know he will be safe tonight, but this is the first time in 6 years I am without my little guy and I miss him terribly. He really needs all the ray-z he can get now.
    Last edited by Kasianni; 05-16-2014 at 09:16 AM.