Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Oh, Miller... I am sure, though, that Corvette Cash was attention hog enough for the both of them... you KONW the only reason they have that event is so that people can experience the joy of Cash, right, Mom??

Hope you felt much better, and Jim looks great since his weight loss! He's always been a handsome fella, but even more so now.

I am hoping to become an "after" myself...

And I am with Paula. Buda is totally on my bucket list.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Thanks, everyone.

We're back home now. Scoots is at summer camp and I'm going to get him in a few minutes.

I have no idea what the deal was with the balloon guy. I took that pic with my zoom lens so he was sort of far away. It's one of those great county fair type event mysteries.

Another mystery was the people with the pig. On a leash. Walking around the vendors. Unfortunately, I was shopping with Miller and carrying him so I didn't have the camera and didn't get to get a picture. It was unique

I was feeling a bit marginal the whole weekend. I did sleep a lot which helped and which I usually don't do at Buda. Sad to say, having just Cash and Miller makes for a lot more relaxing trip. Poor Scoots

Cool in Texas is relative. It was 65 in the morning compared to the 80 that it has been so its considered cool. To Miller anything below 80 is a cold snap and he need to be covered up

I would love to have another "DLC meetup". It was so much fun when we did. Buda was considerably smaller this year. I talked to one lady from the Buda Lions Club that puts on the wiener dog races and she said they only had enough entrants for 18 races instead of 26 like last year so I"m not sure what is causing that.

We only went out for a couple hours on Sunday. It was pretty hot (probably nearing 90) and I got worried about Miller. He was just laying and at one point I came back and he was shaking. I gave him some rescue remedy and he was okay but it bothered me that he wasn't paying any attention and would barely acknowledge me when I petted him so we left early. I couldn't get him to drink water out at the fair grounds either and I was afraid of him getting dehydrated. After we were in the car for a hour or so and it cooled off he drank a lot of water and seemed much better.

I think Jim has some pics on his camera. I'll get some from him when he downloads his. There might be some of me on there. I also have a few more on my camera from Sunday. Since I wasn't exactly feeling great, the number of pics is way down. Sorry
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Okay, here are a few pics from Sunday.

Riding to the park. Faster, Dad, faster!

The wagon tires stayed inflated the whole weekend so we didn't have to carry all of our stuff plus Miller that 1/2 mile or so from the parking to the races.

And here's Scooter when he came home from "summer camp". He got his nails trimmed and a new bandanna.

I was very happy with the new "summer camp" Scooter had a suite with a tv and seemed much happier when I picked him up than when he went to the other kennel. He was loving on the girls and when the one brought him up to the front he went right to the other one for pets. I think I found a winner! It might help that I know the owner and she was there when I dropped off the paperwork

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Great pics!!! Glad you're feeling better. I wonder what caused the lower turnout of people this year. There are some fences up in your pics that I don't remember being there. The shirts are adorable. I would seriously LOVE to do another DLC meetup there. SO MUCH FUN!!!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

Miller's little tush! Glad you had a good time!!
    Tanya, Peaches & Piper Man

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    Great pics!!! Glad you're feeling better. I wonder what caused the lower turnout of people this year. There are some fences up in your pics that I don't remember being there. The shirts are adorable. I would seriously LOVE to do another DLC meetup there. SO MUCH FUN!!!
    They put up the fences last year and are charging $3 dollars a person to enter. That didn't seem to make much difference last year. There were still a lot of people, but this year was definitely lighter.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

What cute pix. Scooter looks so cute with his new bandana. The place Nero goes to do have suites with couches and a TV which plays Animal Planet all day. I have not used the suites yet but they are awesome. Glad Scooter had fun at camp.