We're moving Patti from the diet food (kibble and meat combo) he was on, to a "normal" senior maintenance food. Laura wants him on meat, or at least mush because she's concerned that dry food will scratch the fistula and open it up again (assuming that it's healing ). I'm not so sure about this because he's an inhaler in the proud dachsie tradition , but will follow her direction for at least a little while.

She suggested putting him on one of the Hills foods, which I've started giving him. However, so far as I can see, it's a lot of gravy, some chicken chunks (one assumes....) some veg and pasta . I'll be going through a can +1/2 a day to give him enough to eat, and a) I can't afford it, and b) I don't think it's a very good food. I've been debating cooking for him, but would rather not go down that route until I have to. I don't (and won't) feed raw, and I keep being scared by commercial foods. (I've been feeding veterinary diets for so long that I have no idea what else there is .)

But I know there MUST be some out there!!! So...any suggestions for a good quality can o' meat I can feed my boy?