Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Update on Miller

I haven't updated on Miller for a while so I thought I would.

He's doing really well considering the blindness, deafness and stroke issues. He does get a bit confused at times and has decided that he only has to go outside to pee if it's convenient so we're taking him out to pee every couple hours when we're home. He will use the side doggie door out to the little side yard but rarely uses the one out to the garage and backyard. No idea. There are still some EIPJ (mostly because I get busy doing something and forget) but I have tile floors downstairs and Eco-88 by the gallon for the upstairs carpet and rugs in the living room.

He's been somewhat weak in his legs (mostly the rear legs) ever since the stroke. It's a good days, bad days thing. He can mostly get on the couch with the short ramp, but some days the long ramp up to the bed is too much for him and I just lift him up. Last night he woke me up in the middle of the night whining. He'd evidently gotten off the bed to go potty and wanted help getting back up. Of course, I got up and lifted him up. Love my Miller

All in all, for a 14 year old dog from a BYB operation with questionable genetics (although he doesn't present as a DD, his brother was and he's out of 2 dapple dogs), he's doing really well with a little help from his hooman parents. As inept as we are in dog stuff, we do the best we can to make life good for him.

He seems to be happy and his little tail just vibrates, it goes so fast. Other than the obvious problems, the vet says he's doing well. When she comes to adjust the dogs, she always says that his back is rock solid and he never has an tenderness. Thank doG for small miracles. Especially for my dogs
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Overall, a good Miller Man update!!

Boy do I get the good and bad day thing!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Overall, a good Miller Man update!!

Boy do I get the good and bad day thing!
    Oh, me, too. Totally.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Great news about Miller, all things considered! Hope he keeps on keepin' on. Lexie, in her last year or so, never really had good days, but she never lost her appetite!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

AFter all the bad news lately, this update made my heart happy, Patrice. tons of keep on keepin' on Miller!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LexieLuvr View Post
    Great news about Miller, all things considered! Hope he keeps on keepin' on. Lexie, in her last year or so, never really had good days, but she never lost her appetite!
    Miller is one of those rare dachshunds that loses his appetite fairly easily. I've been trying to get a bit of weight on him so that when he does get older, he won't get thin so easily. But if you feed him extra, after a couple days he just doesn't eat. I have discovered, he'll eat extra of the ground venison that I have in the freezer so he's been getting a lot of that. I"m thinking he does it on purpose just to get venison

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Your dogs always seem to do so well, Patrice. It seems like between you and your vet, you know how to use diet and supplements to keep them well-balanced
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Yay for Miller. Despite his aging issues, he's humming along nicely, then.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls View Post
    Your dogs always seem to do so well, Patrice. It seems like between you and your vet, you know how to use diet and supplements to keep them well-balanced
    They are doing well. I thank doG every day for my vet and live in fear that she will decide to retire. I do think that her care and advice is what keeps them healthy.

Scoots has a heart murmur but it's slight and improving. Cash is deaf as a post but happy. And Miller is doing better than I would have expected. I'm blessed
    Last edited by lotsadox; 07-13-2014 at 11:14 AM.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Great update on Mr Miller. Give him a sweet kiss on his nose from me.

Loving my Elliott,
    Gina