Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elliott

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Elliott

So tonight I was giving my lab dog aspirin to help with his arthritis. Elliott swooped in and ate one of his pills. It was 300 mg of aspirin which is way to much for his 15 lb self. I tried to make him vomit bit that pill was long gone. So I called the ASPCA poison control hotline. They charged me 65 and told me to give him 15 ml of hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. About 10 minutes later we were hanging out in my bathtub when the vomiting started. The aspirin came up and all seems to be well.

Here is the pic of him waiting for the peroxide to take effect.

After he was done I gave him a little to eat to help settle his stomach. He is now asleep in my lap and all seems right with the world. What a fright!

Loving my Elliott,
    Gina

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Oh, no, Gina! That would be so scary! I'm glad that it all came "out" well
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox View Post
    Oh, no, Gina! That would be so scary! I'm glad that it all came "out" well

You and me both. I can't imagine life without my boy. The craziest thing is he isn't even mad at me for doing all that stuff to make him vomit! I thought for sure I was going to get the cold shoulder for a few days.

Loving my Elliott,
    Gina

Thanks

Oh wow!!! It was $65 but still totally worth it. Smart putting him in the bathtub. I put Pogo outside when I had to induce vomiting....it was really hard to clean up and all the other dogs wanted to test taste it, which made me want to vomit.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

*phew* Good for you for the fast thinking!!! However, I cannot believe they charged you $65 just to say induce vomiting!!! That's a trip to the vet right there for very little However, all's well that ends well! Brilliant about the bathtub...or a shower stall would work too maybe? Glad he's doing well, but here's a few and just in case!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

I am glad Elliot is o.k. I wish the hotline wasn't so expensive(all though we are all glad it is available). What about folks who do not have a credit card or debit card available....anyway I am sooooo glad our Elliot is ok.

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I whipped out that credit card without even thinking about it. Just happy they had a solution. A trip to the emergency vet was my other option so 65 was a steal compared to them. Last time I visited for my large lab it was a thousand dollars. :(

Loving my Elliott,
    Gina

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lucerogina View Post
    Thanks everyone. I whipped out that credit card without even thinking about it. Just happy they had a solution. A trip to the emergency vet was my other option so 65 was a steal compared to them. Last time I visited for my large lab it was a thousand dollars. :(
    Oh, yeah. Compared to the e-vet, $65 IS a steal. When I took Bogart to the e-vet several years ago for his back it was over $1,000
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Bless hims bones, mama, he wanted one, too! Glad he's all better. Peace of mind is totally worth $65, even though they ought to be ashamed for charging that!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

This morning Elliott grabbed a piece of food from my boxers bowl. Usually when he grabs food he isn't supposed to have he eats it as fast as possible and won't give it up for anything. Anyway he took the food I ran over and said leave it and he spit it right out! Good boy!

Loving my Elliott,
    Gina