Thanks

Default When should I up the food portion?

I've been feeding Charlie his kibble 3 times a day...1/4 cup with a little cooked chicken breast in it.
    He is 3.5 months old now...should I be feeding him more? We do train a few times a day and I give him blueberries here and there when he is behaving nicely.

~~~ Karen & Charlie ~~~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

How is his weight? If his weight is good, then you're okay. If not, you can adjust accordingly.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My Jack is an older adult and we feed him twice a day, 1/4 cup of kibble with 1/2 can of green beans with salt rinsed off. He also gets lo cal treats on occasion and we walk at least once a day and his weight stays good on that routine so just keep an eye on Charlie's weight as dachsunds are prone to overweight, which is very bad for their joints and back issues. Also get him used to having his teeth brushed! Dachsies are also prone to teeth issues.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Makes complete sense to just watch his weight...didn't think of that, thanks!

During training time he gets treats so there are extra calories there .. I do use high quality treats. We go outside several times a day. Can't wait until next week when he is done with his shots and he can walk instead of being strolled around. I always get eye rolls from people when they see me walking him in the stroller

~~~ Karen & Charlie ~~~