Thanks

Default Interesting article about dog matters

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ivan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's a good article. I think every dog owner should read it. Of course, all dogs are different. My two like hugs... in fact, they will push their way onto my lap or 'ask' my husband to pick them up because they like to be held. But my last little guy preferred to be near us rather than on us. People tend to humanize dogs (understandable), so it's good to learn about the ways they may differ from us, and how to read their signs that they might be uncomfortable. Patricia McConnell's books are very good at explaining this .
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

I read that...the hug thing makes sense, and I've seen it. Even the two little love bugs who were here this weekend, who LOVED being on you, weren't comfortable with hugs. Patti hates it. However, the not speaking thing is silly. Animals vocalize too...they may not understand the words (or most of them) but they certainly understand the tone of voice. Interesting article, though. Thanks, Ivan!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Aside from starting too many sentences with and or but it was very interesting.The hug thing does make a lot of sense. That is Nero's big weakness......don't jump on her back. Thank you so much for sharing.

Thanks

Very good and valid points. I wonder if the pat on the rump was adopted by football players?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SasatheRusty For This Useful Post: