Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For DBB Members

Thanks

Default For DBB Members

Their site will be shutting down shortly, FYI.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

What!! This is too early to be an April Fools prank.
    I am very sad about this news.
    When will it be shut down?

Ch. Beau, our 14 yr old red guy
    Georgia Peach pie, 8 yrs old
    Jemma, red pie girl 1 year

~Penny~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Wow, amazing! I wonder why?
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Ummm...what exactly is DBB
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Ummmm.....WOW. Obviously, there is no love lost between the DLC and the DBB since it was not a pleasant parting with a buttload of us being banned...for...life.

But they were a good source of information and I am sad all that knowledge base will be lost. It is expensive to run a bulletin board and you need great people to help manage it.
    And you have to have a thick skin and accept that people will come and go and you can't be all things to all people.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I met some of my best friends on DBB (luckily they're all here now ). It was a huge board and a wonderful knowledge base, as Lisa said. I am sad to see what Facebook (etc.) has done to bulletin boards.

My girls' life story is on here (and a bit on DBB). Those posts did not need to be shared with the entire Facebook world. I'm glad they were able to grow up with all of you and your doxies. It's been a privilege to have this type of forum to share our joy and sorrows.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oceangirls For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It is sad to see a forum with a lot of good information go away, but the reality is when facebook came along, it started a decline of members and posts on bulletin boards, not just DBB or DLC but all bulletin boards. We started seeing the decline 4 years ago.

We've been struggling with this too for a while, thinking of ways to maintain members or grow a little more.

Talpatalk has certainly not been helpful resolving the issues we've been having with them. They take the easy stance of wanting us to upgrade.

Like Kim (oceangirls) mentioned, you don't necessarily want all your doxie related posts mixed with your family and friends stuff. Lets face it, not everyone is as passionate about dachshunds as we are.

There are numerous instances where people have interfaced with twitter or Facebook and then got locked out, because twitter or Facebook changed how things worked in the back end and killed some business over night.

Lisa and I have major concerns on safety and security when it comes to facebook, and we don't want to give out member info inadvertently for the sake of more users.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rafi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I"m so grateful to you and Lisa, Rafi, for watching out for us.

I wonder if we're going to have a big influx of newbies here now.

James was saying that when one of the Toyota Truck boards closed down for a while, the other boards suddenly had a bunch of new members.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeauBuddy View Post
    What!! This is too early to be an April Fools prank.
    I am very sad about this news.
    When will it be shut down?
    The post didn't give a time frame, just that it would be shut down soon.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Wow, I never thought I'd see that day. Honestly though I can't tell you the last time I was there (to the point that I can't log in over there at the moment! as I don't know my password). I've always thought of that board as more serious more information....I think of this board as chatting with friends, yet informative when needed.

Like I said before though I don't post much here (but I do read and am checking in several times a day). The duo is now 12 and 13?? (Rocky is adopted but at the time we were told he was a year older then Clay). They live a calm life...actually Rocky lives in the closet (his choice)....he even moved from our walk in to Joey's closet. Not much is going on in our doxie world now...but oh the adventures of a 5 year old human .
    Last edited by Two Red Smooth's; 12-01-2014 at 12:17 PM.

"It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's the doxies you have beside you!"
    Nicole, Mom of the Doxie Duo