Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Meet Princess Rose (maybe a.k.a. Lizzy?)

Let me introduce "Princess" whom we picked up from the SPCA today.

Photos: http://1drv.ms/1vrE1hr

Her adoption is not yet official, so we're fostering her for now. I hope it does work out. She's adorable. She's snoring at my feet, ATM. She seems OK with Buddy & the cat (eg, nose to nose). Buddy snapped at Princess just once, when she jumped/crawled over him en route to the other end of sofa, in a "less than graceful" manner. Hmm. Manners?

She's a soft LH doxie mix who's been shorn, due to matting. Same color as Buddy. Longer legs, so she can jump into the car seat by herself!!! That's a first, for us!

She's full of energy, like a puppy, not at all like a typical 12 yo senior. She did zoomies 2x when coming inside from outdoors. Happiness? Yes, I think so. She's constantly thirsty & hungry. Drinks really a lot. I hope it's not hypothyroidism? She barks loudly for food, which is annoying. So is the counter-surfing. No other doxie has ever managed to reach the treats on my desktop (in a bowl). This furgirl did it, in just seconds. Circus dog! Gotta keep all food off the counters, and up high. :-) Who knew?

She's finally starting to relax, now. Yay. She snuggled up to me already, and gives lotsa kisses. I like that. We're going through treats like mad. She already learned 2 tricks: lie-down, and touch. Clever! We're still working on sit.

Thanks

I hope it works out too! She sounds like a real sweetie.

Thanks

Great pictures! Enjoy her
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

She is gorgeous! That one picture of her splatted with the big eyes is awesome. Adore her. You can tell she is trouble, but but more misguided then evil

Lots of forever adoption rayz for Lizzy!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Rae

Thanks

She will be a beauty once she settles in. If she was matted she is probably rambunctious because she is enjoying her freedom of movement. Mats hurt. Thank you for taking her in.

Thanks

I love that this sweet girl is being called Princess, even if it's only temporary. That's why I named Duchess what I did. She had had a rotten life and I wanted to convey that once she got with me, she became royalty.

She's lovely, and I'm sure she will be even more lovely once her fur grows back.

She's a smart girl if she's learning commands, and I'm sure that once she settles in the loud barking will stop - when she realizes that there is plenty and she will get her portion... And nobody will take it away. Duchie always had food insecurity. I could take her bowl, or take her kibble out with my fingers, without her snapping or anything... But those mournful eyes!

Best of luck to her in making herself a place there in Jackpot City! Zoomies make my heart hurt and my eyes leak.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Oh.My. God. For some reason she reminds me a lot of Patti!! Is she 12, Ivan? What a gorgeous little one...so happy go lucky! Poor Buddy does NOT look impressed . I hope she stays, but no matter what, SO happy you gave her her freedom!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Oh Ivan, I am ecstatic that you were able to get Penny out of the shelter. It was heart wrenching waiting for them to approve the rescues paperwork.

She is a beauty and deserves a home like yours.

Bless you for "fostering" her and I hope all goes well.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

She's adorable! I'm so glad she's with you now.

Buddy does look more than somewhat unimpressed
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Love her expressive face! Hope it works out and you fail.fostering!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.