Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barking?

Thanks

My two don't bark too much unless they see the squirrels outside in the trees or on the back deck. Or, if someone rings the doorbell (sometimes even on TV) or knocks on the door. You should hear it when I take my 2 dachshunds to my sister's house (she has 2 dachshunds too) and someone rings the doorbell. Can you say deafening??
    In Loving Memory.....Roxy 08/01/97-12/01/ 2011. Tigger (Tabby cat) 8/30/00-12/05/13, and Conan (Maine Coon Cat) July 1999-08/06/14. Lily 12/01/2003-10/22/2105

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mom2reds For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sansa barked a little during the holidays, one time after another dog that she was scared of (I really don't know why though, it was a really gentle bloodhound), and the new year's eve, the couple who live in the appartment on top of mine were having a party... I turned the tv on and went back to sleep and she calms down immediatly. Not that bad! So, I think she's not yet a great barker, lucky me...!

Thanks

My Lexie always barked quietly most of her life but was never a big barker. She totally stopped barking the last three years of her life, which I thought was totally weird. I've never had a dog before who stopped barking, but it was pretty nice. I still miss my soft, sweet non-barking Lexie.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LexieLuvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Maisy is already barking (11 weeks), but usually when she and Milo are playing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LexieLuvr View Post
    My Lexie always barked quietly most of her life but was never a big barker. She totally stopped barking the last three years of her life, which I thought was totally weird. I've never had a dog before who stopped barking, but it was pretty nice. I still miss my soft, sweet non-barking Lexie.
    Miller hardly barked the last couple of years of his life. After he started to get deaf, the barking became less and less and then ended altogether. I guess he didn't hear anything to bark at so he didn't.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue