Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls View Post
    What was she eating before? When the girls came from the breeder, they were eating Pedigree. When I switched them to Wellness, and when I have switched foods on other occasions, I've looked at the amount of calories and tried to provide about the same amount of calories with the new food for starters.

When you first switch, it's best to go slowly (try 3:1 ratio of old food to new for several days, then 1/2 and 1/2, and so on) - to prevent GI issues. However, if she has already switched and is doing fine, disregard that .
    That's usually the best way. I'm switching Harley to raw right now and that's how I"m doing it. He's currently getting about a tablespoon of raw food on his kibble at each meal after a week or so, I'll make it more until I get him on completely raw.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I have no idea what she was eating before. The only food that came this time was what was in her little food cup attached to the crate door. She's eating the new stuff fine though and her poop didn't even change.

I wrote the company (Dogswell) and asked them. They suggested feeding her about 1/3 cup of food a day. That seems to be about what she is eating, so YAY me!

Thanks

Mother's intuition!!! Go you, indeed!!!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

You can also look at her visually to make sure you are feeding too little or too much.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI