Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Good dog! Weird, but good....

So Savannah Jane refuses to potty (pee) in the house. Will. Not. And that's great.

She will, however, drop a deuce on the rug in front of the toilet or the rug in front of the back door in a hot minute. She knows darn well this is BAD DOG behavior.

Yesterday it was 12 degrees, the day before that 19 I think, and it's about 5 degrees this morning. She whines at the door to go poop outside. When it's frozen tundra.

Crazy dog! Of course I praise like a crazy woman, but I'm thinking "really, babe?"
    Last edited by Rae; 01-08-2015 at 10:14 AM.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I hear ya! Darby has not pee in the house since I've had him, but will still poop if it more convenient. I"m beginning to give him a bit more freedom and last night he was upstairs with me, I was giving him the run of the upstairs and came out of the sewing room to a neat little poo right there on the carpet I was right inside in the sewing room but he never made a sound. I do the same praise and treats when he does his business outside. No idea what else to do.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Same here, it's so freaking cold outside that these days are not easy on the outside potty training. It's ok for the peeing part, but after that she has to find THE RIGHT SPOT for the poop and it's so cold outside that she doesn't have the time to find it before her paws are frozen... So I have to get her out two times in a row (15 minutes later approx.) and I have to catch her to leash her to go outside because she doesn't want to... (I wonder why lol)...

I can't wait for this gigantic cold wave (we break records for the season...) to be over, it's not helping for the potty training! I don't even has the time to give her treats before we run back inside!

I have boots and coat for her, but it's a sport to make her wear it lol

Thanks

Aaaw, you reminded me of when we first got Engli. She was already 3 and used to going on the papers. Once when I was on the potty she had a poop on the papers and carried her poop over in her mouth and dropped it at my feet. Unfortunately I let out a big eeeeYEW. Really she was just being helpful and knew exactly what a toilet was for. Smart girl. If I had my wits about me I would have said thank you good girl! and now have a doxie that poops in the toilet. lol If only I had been on the ball that day.

Ch. Beau, our 14 yr old red guy
    Georgia Peach pie, 8 yrs old
    Jemma, red pie girl 1 year

~Penny~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BeauBuddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

good Grasshopper!!! I must say that since we've moved to the new place (NO Mt Everest ) even with the extreme cold and wind they're happy to go outside. Lovin' one level living!!!!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think the whole country is in a deep freeze! We won't get above 40 today, in Texas! Luckily, Jack doesn't mind going out unless it's raining hard. I feel for you folks up north! Some schools in Minnesota are closed, even, and that is incredibly rare! Crazy darn weather.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

It was 5 degrees here when I left work and my truck wouldn't start. Some of my farmers tried to jump it but no dice. The fan motor kept running after I took the key out this morning. Weird... Dead as a doornail. Was planning to trade in February anyway but now I'm just aggravated that I didn't when Sutton suggested it several months ago.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    It was 5 degrees here when I left work and my truck wouldn't start. Some of my farmers tried to jump it but no dice. The fan motor kept running after I took the key out this morning. Weird... Dead as a doornail. Was planning to trade in February anyway but now I'm just aggravated that I didn't when Sutton suggested it several months ago.
    Bummer! Bad timing.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    Well, that sucks.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

www.davekirk.com Shameless plug.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red Haired Girl For This Useful Post: