Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kasianni View Post
    I just read something on a site that recommended ½ teaspoon for every 10lbs of body weight once daily.
    Yes! Our vet mentioned coconut oil when our whippet was very ill. Darcey gets a little mixed in her food, and topically as needed. This was the food dose I remembered reading, and to work up to it to avoid digestion issues.

This article sounds a little grandiose and needs citations, but it is similar to credible sources I have read: http://www.dogster.com/lifestyle/ten...your-dogs-diet

My Registered Dietician says it's great for humans too, so I'm giving it a trial for specific issues. (I'm a total nerd and always ask my doctors and veterinarians before trying anything new.)
    Adopt a Senior!

-Renée and Pokey (1992-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 691 Posts

On the nutritionists recommendation, I use coconut oil in my coffee. At first I thought it made it taste kind of oily, but I"m used to it now and it doesn't bother me.
    Patrice and the Houston Crew (aka The Three Musketeers)

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I use Salmon Oil capsules. It's funny to watch Maisy mouth it around until it pops and she can chew it up. I've heard of people using Emu Oil but I don't know if that is external only or internal too. Never heard of using Coconut Oil for dogs.

Thanks

I do! Aside from being an itch relieve, it also reduces odor and bad breath. I use 100% virgin coconut oil.