Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kasianni View Post
    I just read something on a site that recommended ½ teaspoon for every 10lbs of body weight once daily.
    Yes! Our vet mentioned coconut oil when our whippet was very ill. Darcey gets a little mixed in her food, and topically as needed. This was the food dose I remembered reading, and to work up to it to avoid digestion issues.

This article sounds a little grandiose and needs citations, but it is similar to credible sources I have read: http://www.dogster.com/lifestyle/ten...your-dogs-diet

My Registered Dietician says it's great for humans too, so I'm giving it a trial for specific issues. (I'm a total nerd and always ask my doctors and veterinarians before trying anything new.)
    Adopt a Senior!

-Renée and Pokey (1992-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

On the nutritionists recommendation, I use coconut oil in my coffee. At first I thought it made it taste kind of oily, but I"m used to it now and it doesn't bother me.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I use Salmon Oil capsules. It's funny to watch Maisy mouth it around until it pops and she can chew it up. I've heard of people using Emu Oil but I don't know if that is external only or internal too. Never heard of using Coconut Oil for dogs.

Thanks

I do! Aside from being an itch relieve, it also reduces odor and bad breath. I use 100% virgin coconut oil.