Thread: When to worry?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default When to worry?

Milo and Maisy LOVE to play together. It's very obviously play and not aggression but...when do I worry? Milo is bigger (14lbs). He can get her whole face in his mouth. I do have concerns that he could damage her eye. He also tends to get her around her throat. It's still obviously play because he'll lunge and let go, run and play bow but then he gets her by the throat. I just don't want to damage their budding relationship but I also don't want her seriously injured or worse.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

That's a hard thing to decide. Scooter (40 lbs) played with Miller (15 lbs) from the time he came here. They used to play really rough and I'd have to yell at Scooter to make him back off of Miller. Miller would just keep going. After a few years of this, Scooter got too rough one day and hurt Miller's back leg. It was some type of sprain and took about 6 weeks to heal. After than Miller would no longer play with Scooter which was a good thing.

I think I'd put a stop to him taking her head in his mouth and the throat thing. I don't think they really realize how much difference there is in size between them.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

That's what I have been doing, along with reminding him "Easy" when they play. I'm glad I'm not overreacting.

Thanks

Worry when you come in the room and Maisy has Milo pinned to the floor by sitting on his head and looks at you as if to say "Where's Milo? Who is this Milo of whom you speak?"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Red Haired Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

You're being such a great mom!!!! They can usually sort it out, but I'd worry too. Seems like you're on the right track though!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."