Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I guess you are! I would sure be relieved. Sending more for Pippit.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

We needed good news around here, and Paula seems to have her girls sorted and no nodule for Pippit sounds great to me. Love you!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Outstanding news! More for Pippit!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

PWHEW! Hey, now that Pippit can breathe easier, we can all breathe a sigh of relief for him. Great update.
    More healing rayz on their way...

Thanks

Pleural effusion (fluid), maybe? Fungal infection? Pleuritis (inflammation of lung tissue)? Our vet mentioned the bronchial washing thing to me in the past too. I did not find it an appealing option, either!!

Gastroesophageal reflux? Asthma?

Cassie's tried theophylline... forgot about that. Didn't work for her either. They thought she might have a reactive airway disease (like an asthma condition), but I think it's all connected with the nasal symptoms from the inflammatory rhinitis. There is just a lot of mucus built up back there. I really have to watch her when she eats because if she is excited - and she is always excited - she breathes (and slobbers) at the same time and thus pretty much inhales the food and then chokes on it. Her morning biscuit is a challenge . They tell me it's pretty hard for a dog to aspirate food into the lungs that way, but I find that very hard to believe .

I would ask them about a fungal infection in the lung, since he had that episode with almost drowning. Those can cause some pretty weird symptoms and look like tumors or pneumonias.

Rayz!!!
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

She is talking about bronchoalveolar lavage. I had it done at UF vet school on Sofie,when she was a puppy and kept relapsing from pneumonia. My regular vet does not do such invasive procedure. It is done on humans as well but rarely since humans can cough up sputum for culture sensitivity test. Under anesthesia, a scope inserted into the airway, and small amount of fluid injected into the target area of the lungs. Then it is aspirated. It is done for a couple of reasons - to see under microscope what cells/bacteria/fungus come back and also to determine antibiotic sensitivity. It was useful for Sofie because of the length and recurrence of her pneumonia. They figured out what bacteria they were dealing with. However, it is not accurate 100% because she was already on antibiotics and some of the bacteria was already killed. However, helped us determine second antibiotic that she had to take to help fight the infection. And only after that we were able to eradicate the infection, and Sofie did not relapse again.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks

Pippit is doing great!
    No more pain.
    Solid poops(yeah!!)
    Coughing is much, much less.

Good idea, Kim about the fungal infection. Another snowstorm is upon us, so my vet is closed today. I'll ask her about that tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mom to Dachshunds: Pippit, IzzyBean and Calli

8. The Following User Says Thank You to K2 For This Useful Post: