Thread: Fight Club?

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Fight Club?

I'm not sure if Cash is just getting crankier in his old age or what is going on. Last night after dinner, I was in the kitchen putting the dishes in the dishwasher and the DH was in the breakfast room with the dogs. Suddenly, there was growling and snapping going on in the breakfast room. Cash and Scooter were going at it over a plate that the DH had put down for them to lick. Cash has never liked Scooter and Scooter has always pushed things but this was the worst Cash has ever done. Usually it's just some warning growls and lip curls, but this time it was more snapping and teeth. And Cash wouldn't let it go! Little snot! I finally walked over to him and got between them. I pointed at Cash and said "Let it go now, dude!" and he backed off. But, geez, he's 15 years old and weighs 17 lbs and Scooter is 10 and weighs 38 lbs. Those aren't good odds for the little guy.

I can tell I'm going to have to watch Cash closer in the future. He's always been really bad about being snarky and growly, but this was way over the top. I don't want my little man to get himself hurt. I guess since he's senior dog, he thinks he can do what he wants.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

In his head he's a Rottie. Therein lies the problem! Sorry your boys had a spat and hope Cash gets chilled out.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Uh-oh. Timeout. Into your separate corners, boyz. Be nice, esp. when Mommy's gonna get involved, and waggle that finger at y'all. Don't you be upsetting Mama. Nope, don't even THINK about it.

Funny though, my 1st thought was:
    "Dachsies were bred to take on nasty badgers, so ya think 38 lb Scoots is gonna scare off Cash? Um, nope."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Uh-oh. Timeout. Into your separate corners, boyz. Be nice, esp. when Mommy's gonna get involved, and waggle that finger at y'all. Don't you be upsetting Mama. Nope, don't even THINK about it.

Funny though, my 1st thought was:
    "Dachsies were bred to take on nasty badgers, so ya think 38 lb Scoots is gonna scare off Cash? Um, nope."
    I totally agree. I get crankier as I get older, too!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Hopefully this works out peacefully for you. That being said, someone has got to be the one to say it so I will...

"Rule number one of Fight Club. Never talk about Fight Club."

Thanks

I think Rae is right, he is a "Big dog" in a small body and does not realize it.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yolanda View Post
    I think Rae is right, he is a "Big dog" in a small body and does not realize it.
    Cash has always thought he was a big dog. And he's always hated Scooter. He's been growling at him for almost 10 years now. I keep telling him to get over it. Scooter isn't leaving. He seems to think otherwise.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue