Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micro chips??

Thanks

Both are adopted so they are both registered with Pet Watch. Never had any problems with them but then I (fortunately) have never had to use them.
    In Loving Memory.....Roxy 08/01/97-12/01/ 2011. Tigger (Tabby cat) 8/30/00-12/05/13, and Conan (Maine Coon Cat) July 1999-08/06/14. Lily 12/01/2003-10/22/2105

Thanks

Beware of Petwatch. They didn't even let me know that my "free" year with Izzy was up. When I called about Calli, they told me that I needed to pay to keep her info on file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mom to Dachshunds: Pippit, IzzyBean and Calli

Thanks

My kids aren't microchipped. They won't be either. I'm too paranoid about my babies being in that small group that gets cancer.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M&M's Mom View Post
    My kids aren't microchipped. They won't be either. I'm too paranoid about my babies being in that small group that gets cancer.
    I talked to my holistic vet about that. We decided that the chance of a dog getting loose and being lost was MUCH greater than that chance of them getting cancer. Tags and collars get lost (I can't tell you how many I've found when out walking my dogs). Microchips don't.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ours were microchipped. It was an added layer of peace of mind. Like with everything, the owner has to make their own choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

I do worry about them escaping. Mostly though because right now we live in an apartment complex along the river. I'm afraid they'd hit a weak spot and slide down into the river. Honestly around here, it's rare that a purebred small dog gets taken to a shelter by anyone other than it's owner. They're stolen all the time.