Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Darby Had VOM Again Today

Or maybe I should say he had a real VOM adjustment today. The last time we tried he was pretty freaked out about it so Dr Cooper only did a partial adjustment. Today we muzzled him and I held him and she got to do a full adjustment. He was NOT a happy camper. At one point he was so mad and wanted to do something but couldn't so he just kept puffing out his checks and expelling little breaths. It was really funny. He seems to have the most tightness and irritation in the area right around his hips so I'm going to be doing some massage on him there. She thought he was doing really well though and we're going to gradually transition him back to normal activities (minus the jumping, of course). His flying dachshund tendencies are going to have to curtailed. He has been pretty good about using the ramp and I'm going to keep working on that. Darby will be happy about more activity. Some days when I won't let him run with the other dogs and keep telling him no when he wants to run and chase the ball, he looks at me like "Damn, they gave me to a crazy woman"
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

No doubt he's wondering why you two are torturing him James used to do the cheek puff thing too, with blood in his eye. "Just you wait til I get this muzzle off of me" Good update, and I just bet once he's able to be more active, he'll be a lot more relaxed too.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

That sounds good
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    No doubt he's wondering why you two are torturing him James used to do the cheek puff thing too, with blood in his eye. "Just you wait til I get this muzzle off of me" Good update, and I just bet once he's able to be more active, he'll be a lot more relaxed too.
    She said that he was carrying a lot of tension in the area just in front of his hips so I'm going to be doing some massage there to see if we can get it to loosen up.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue