Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

You're right, Tracy! It just says that he's a senior...that could mean anything over 6 . I'd be willing to fly to Boston and bring him back if need be. Haven't had a response to my e-mail, and it appears that a couple of people in CT are also interested, so probably not going to happen. But we'll see .
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

He is very cute.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Aww.. He's a cutie pie. Don't worry about the other applicants, if it's meant to be he will be yours! I don't know why but around here seniors are harder to adopt out, everyone wants a puppy. Not me, I just don't have the patience for those young whippersnappers!

Sending good luck that he will soon be yours.
    In Loving Memory.....Roxy 08/01/97-12/01/ 2011. Tigger (Tabby cat) 8/30/00-12/05/13, and Conan (Maine Coon Cat) July 1999-08/06/14. Lily 12/01/2003-10/22/2105

Thanks

If it's meant to be - it will be.
    Fingers, paws and everything else crossed.
    And we'll meet you in Boston!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mom to Dachshunds: Pippit, IzzyBean and Calli

Thanks

Here's the response from the rescue...

Jabu and his sister Nandi were confiscated from the home of a drug abuser. Sadly in her pursuit of the next high, she neglected to care for herself and the pets in her home. The house they were living in has been condemned. So even though Jabu and Nandi are keeping their kennel clean at the little town shelter, by using a dog door to the outside run, they will need to be taught how to live in a home. They will need a house-training refresher course Both of these dogs are very shy and timid around strangers. They willingly took treats from my hand but readily ran behind their friend, the Animal Control Officer that they have come to trust. Both need a home that will be very patient with them as they begin to trust people and see how much fun it is to be loved and cared for by people. A home that is quite and predictable, a friendly and kind canine buddy, and a foster that is around more often than not would be best. If you can provide a patient and loving home for either of them, please complete an adoption/foster application with Jenny, Jabu or Nandi’s name on the application.

I'm thinking they should be adopted together to ease the transition, which wouldn't be a problem....except that his sister is a Great Pyrenees, and I don't have the room here for such a big dog, or the yard space. (Their adoption fee is REALLY high...$500/dog, and the Cdn $ is only at .79/US$....that's a lot!!!) They've had a ton of apps, so I'm guessing he'll be ok. Finally, I'm at work 8 hours/day too, and doesn't sound like that's optimal either. So probably not meant to be...although I still think he'd do well here!
    Paula & Buster

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Just got another e-mail from them....they don't adopt outside the US, so that's that! Obviously NOT meant to be! Patti and Wen are looking for the next one, I'm sure
    Paula & Buster

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Patti and Wen probably figured he wasn't sick enough for you.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Red Haired Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When it is meant to be one will come your way. One that needs your special type of love and care.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Yolanda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Sadly for you, it's probably best if they are adopted together. A great pyrenees is a huge dog! That would be hard for me to cope with and I have a large house. *sigh* I guess is wasn't meant to be
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Red Haired Girl View Post
    Patti and Wen probably figured he wasn't sick enough for you.
    I sure hope they're sending the winning lottery ticket when they find him/her, if this is the case
    Paula & Buster

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post: