I picked Lily up today and she is feeling good, even barked back to the other dachshund in the reception area (he started it). She did well with the surgery and everything. They took the whole right side of her lower jaw and now she has a bump (swelling) below the jaw. It doesn't seem to be bothering her right now, she is sleeping next to me on the new, warm fuzzy blanket on the couch. She is due for pain medicine (Tramadol and Metacam) in about an hour and a half and they want me to ice her jaw for the swelling for 10mins at a time 3-5 times a day. The vet said she was a little reluctant to the icing at first but seems to accept it if you let her snuggle up and get cuddle time while doing it. She goes back in two weeks for a follow up and they hope to have the results from the bone histopathy and we will consult with an oncologist about chemo at that time. Her heart murmur will not need medication at this time, the cariologist said she had no signs of congestive heart failure. They said some dogs will have their jaw move after half is removed and if that happens we will have to watch for teeth hitting the roof of her mouth. If they do, they will have to be removed. Right now her tongue is not sticking out the right side of her mouth and the vet said it looks like her muscles are adjusting to keep it in her mouth, it may eventually hang out a little, but it's nothing to worry about if it does. It didn't get to see any pictures of the tumor, I was curious to see just how big it was. When they examined her they estimated it was 6cm x 4cm x 4cm in size. Oh, and bonus: it was a little less than they estimated, it only cost $3,500.00. So, it was all good news today.