We've had Odie 5 years now. Hes a great little dog (minus his marking) However he is so afraid of things like his collar, a sweater, his harness, the thundercoat, a leash, 1 on 1 training. Once he's in his harness and leash to go walk, hes ok but when he see's them, he runs away. He wears a collar 24/7 but don't take it off and forget to put it back on for a few day and your back to square one of being afraid of the collar again.

Since we built the ramp, I want to teach each dog individually how to use it and with the command "Ramp" with hopes to get them to use it more when I say "Ramp" to get them up. I tried working with Odie on his own last night. The usual began, I put a leash on his collar to use as a guide to have him go up and down the ramp. He froze. Wouldn't move. I got out some yummy training treats. With a couple little bitty tugs of the leash, I got him to go up and take a treat. The same going back down. We did it over and over. Huge praises as well "Good Boy Odie" Treats Treats Treats. I think I am finally breaking a part of the shell over this boy. I hope to try it again with him tonight. I hope one day he will finally feel confident!