Thanks

Default OW, that's my foot!

Hello all...this is my first post!

I am fostering a blind dog named Dax for Central Texas Dachshund Rescue. He is adorable and just about perfect...you'd never know he was blind. He loves nylabones, and this morning was trying to pick one up off the couch. Well, my foot was also on the couch, and I guess it was close to the bone because........OW! He bit my foot, HARD! Not hard enough to break the skin but it did leave a mark!!!

Of course I didn't get mad at him or anything, but man! Pain! Right now he is whipping around a toy duck...so at least he knows what a toy is!

Thanks

That's just great Courtney!! Well not that he bit your foot :rofl: That he knows what a toy is for. Dax is such a lucky boy to have found a good foster mutter in you!! I would LOVE to get into fostering, but it will have to wait til I have a house...and money, that would be good too :rofl: But if I ever win the lottery.... :party1:
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Thanks

Owwwww! It would be impossible to be mad at Dax, he is a true :angel7: but that still has to hurt.

Soooooooo, if he only bit you once does this mean you're not tasty? Or did you just move your foot? Just curious.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Dax is just so cute, it would be hard to be mad at him. I guess that is one hazard with a dog that can't see, though.

Angel (who CAN see) uses her little claws to hold onto things - like people's arms and hands. There is a mark on my hand from her last month that I am thinking might be permanent ("Touched by an Angel"). Hope you do not end up with a permanent Dax scar!
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls
    There is a mark on my hand from her last month that I am thinking might be permanent ("Touched by an Angel").
    I have one of those too, on my lip! Ben was sleeping one fine Christmas morning and I was playing with my Barbie. :rofl: When I looked over, he was so peaceful looking that I leaned down to give him a kiss on the nose. Something I had done a hundred times...however he must have been dreaming and I scared him, and he woke up and attached himself to my lip!! It hurt SO BAD, his little tooth was actually stuck for a second, but it was hard to stay mad at him when it was pretty much my own fault! Now I always have a reminder of the little :angel7:
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Thanks

Aww I'm sorry about your foot. I'll bet he got a surprise when he tried to pick up the toy (your foot) and it yelled OUCH. Dax sounds like a little cutie and is having the time of his life at your home.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Jen Guest

Poor Courtney! Ouch!

Tasha will occasionally get my foot instead of the toy if I'm sitting cross-legged on the floor while playing with her. Its happened a few times but fortunately she realizes the difference before she bites down too hard. So I feel for you.