Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Thanks

That makes me wonder if it neurological. If he sleeps curled up the signal could be lost. If it was bladder control or infection I would think the leaking would be all the time. I am not sure though just my thoughts on it.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

That is what happened with my mom's cocker when she developed kidney problems. She'd been on antibiotics and steroids many times throughout her life. I was just wondering if his kidneys got a little stressed with the pain meds. I watch Cassie's since I keep putting her back on Metacam, but it seems to help her respiratory problems.

But yeah, I think neurological seems more likely for him, since you had him tested 3 months ago and he was probably off the meds by then.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Welcome to my world . It's quite probably age, Olga. I take up the water after supper, which has helped. They're not going to die of dehydration overnight. Ferk sleeps on not one but two peepads. She's also on essential yang supplement (Chinese herb) which certainly helped Patti, and is now helping her. I was getting up with her between 2 and 3 am every night, but we've had a couple of months without that (until last night that is. She snuck a drink in before bed ). I'd ask your vet about it, but at 11, it's quite likely just aging bladder/urethra losing its elasticity.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Yesterday was 4 months since Sebastian's surgery. He is doing about the same. I noticed that he now has white hair even on his rear. My boy is getting old I have not had a massive incident of bed wetting since the last time I posted. He definitely prefers to just sit and watch Sofie walk the yard. He does not appear to be in pain.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    Welcome to my world . It's quite probably age, Olga. I take up the water after supper, which has helped. They're not going to die of dehydration overnight. Ferk sleeps on not one but two peepads. She's also on essential yang supplement (Chinese herb) which certainly helped Patti, and is now helping her. I was getting up with her between 2 and 3 am every night, but we've had a couple of months without that (until last night that is. She snuck a drink in before bed ). I'd ask your vet about it, but at 11, it's quite likely just aging bladder/urethra losing its elasticity.
    I tried taking Jack's water up at night but he wakes up whining for water so I just can't do that. I have to keep getting up with him at night so he can pee, then we go back to bed.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LexieLuvr View Post
    I tried taking Jack's water up at night but he wakes up whining for water so I just can't do that. I have to keep getting up with him at night so he can pee, then we go back to bed.
    That's what I had to do with Bogart.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I have not posted in a while. It has been 5 months since Seb's surgery. I see now that DR Chavet was right. It takes a while for this to heal. 5 months later he manages a walk to the end of our block and back without trouble. From time to time you can still hear nail scraping on the sidewalk but rarely. He definitely favors his L leg to balance while peeing, but otherwise he is doing great.
    Olga

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alfina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

wonderful update!

its been a year & 1/2 since my Rusty had surgery and he did the same and still does, favors the right leg and nails scratch so when we go on walks he wears a "Pawz" boot on that foot and it has helped a lot and his toe nails dont wear down now.
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

The dogs that I've had that had back problems usually seemed to always drags the toenails on one foot a bit. It never seemed to bother them though so I just went with it. I'm glad Seb is doing so well.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What is also interesting is the dynamic between the two changing. When he was sick, Sofie ignored him, as if she didn't know him or cared at all. When he started feeling better and was out of the box, she still ignored him. Now that he is almost back to normal, she started acting the same way she did before he got hurt. She bosses him around meal time, occasional wrestling, etc. They sleep in the same doggy bed again.
    Olga