Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks

wonderful update, sending more healing
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

Default Day 9 after surgery

It has been a week since Sebastian came home and 9th day after surgery. He is doing good, more vocal. He is trying to walk. He does his pre-meal dance again except now it is more of looking like one of those cars that has jumping front end. He is now on half the dose of prednisone and it is definitely helping with him staying dry between our dog walker visit and us getting home. He is going to his checkup appointment with the surgeon tomorrow and his 4th laser treatment.

I am a little surprised how cold Sofie is to Sebastian. I always thought they were bonded as she has separation anxiety. However, she didn't really react when he was gone, and when he came back he just sniffed him once and went about her own business.

His quarters

He had 3 laser treatments so far and his incision is almost healed!
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alfina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Excellent update. His scar looks wonderful. I have heard good things about laser, wow, you can really see it in action.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

He really is looking great. How does he like his theraphy?
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

Default Day 10 - recheck with neurosurgeon

We went to see Dr Chauvet this morning. She was very pleased with his progress and wants us to start swimming. My friend is going to let me use her pool. Just 5 minutes to start 2-3 times a week. She did warn me that some dogs don't try swimming if a life vest is used, so we are told to try and see how Sebastian does. She has a beagle from rescue rehabilitating at the clinic and after 4 weeks of no feeling/movement in the legs, his left leg is now moving thanks to swimming. So, she really encourages that for rehab. BTW, she takes that rescue beagle to her own pool at home.

She also said that we can cut prednisone even more since it looks so good. And start using vitamin E oil on the incision and massage that area to encourage muscle healing. Sebastian is still only able to take a couple of steps with his feet not quite placed correctly before he sits down. She wants to do sit-to-stand exercises, lambada, and massage. I am glad that we can progress beyond range of motion because he does not really like stretching and range of motion exercises.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

It really sounds like he is doing well. I've decided to scope out some neurologists in the area. I doubt the ones I used for Amanda's surgery are working anymore. that was almost 20 years ago. Both of them were in their 50's then. *sigh* I keep losing my resources. My wonderful doggie dentist my vet found retired last year, too.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Seb's doing fabulously well. The incision is healing fast, and he's trying to use his rear legs!!!! Yay
    Yes, swimming would be good, cuz it lets Seb exercize his legs without lifting his own weight. Funny how Buddy did that same jumping-car thing too, at mealtime. Cute, but... I'm so glad Seb is healing well.

Thanks

Outstanding update! More recovery
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alfina View Post

I am a little surprised how cold Sofie is to Sebastian. I always thought they were bonded as she has separation anxiety. However, she didn't really react when he was gone, and when he came back he just sniffed him once and went about her own business.
    He looks great! That is a nice crate setup you have for him. Such a handsome guy.

It is hard to figure dog relationships. Patricia McConnell wrote about this pretty extensively (I forget which book it was), but she had the same experience where dogs she thought were very attached showed no reaction when one was hurt or died... and vice versa. It is hard not to interpret it based on our own human tendencies. My girls don't like pack disruptions, but I am not sure they are extremely bonded. And DH and I have both found ourselves expecting Angel (who tends to be more motherly and nurturing, as well as more anxious) to be more upset when they are separated - which has not necessarily proven to be the case.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

I'm so very glad to hear that the beautiful boy-child is doing so well! I've been keeping up and am so relieved that he's on the mend. Keep up the great work, Mama!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner