Thanks

Default Lily Update-Chemo #3

Lily went in for her third Chemo treatment so we are halfway through ( two more appts. left) and so far, so good. They did the chest x-rays and didn't see any metastis (unofficially, we still have to wait for the radiologist to give his report).

She did have a little more nasuea with the last one, but that's because they forgot to give her one of her nasuea meds.

She's been a trooper through all this and hasn't lost her spunky personality or ability to charm the vets. Other than her tongue hanging out the right side of her mouth sometimes you would never know she had any medical issues.

Thanks for all the and support, I' sure they have helped. I'm so glad I caught it early and was able to get her in for surgery and treatment before it spread.

This is such an unusual situation ( bone cancer in the lower jaw of a small dog) that it's hard to find other people who have been through this, so at first I didn't know what to expect. The vet said Lily is a good "teaching case" for their veterinary students because it is uncommon and if they do happen to have a patient with similar issue once they become vets hopefully they will remember her case.
    Last edited by mom2reds; 06-10-2015 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Removed links to Photo Bucket
    In Loving Memory.....Roxy 08/01/97-12/01/ 2011. Tigger (Tabby cat) 8/30/00-12/05/13, and Conan (Maine Coon Cat) July 1999-08/06/14. Lily 12/01/2003-10/22/2105

Thanks

Fantastic update!!! Way to go, Lily!!! Sending more for your sweet girl!

Thanks

Awesome news! More , just in case.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Oh, that's great! Very good update .

They certainly are little charmers.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Best wishes for Lily! You Go, girl.

Thanks

I'm sure that our Lily will be remembered by those students for far more than her case! There seems to be a habit among the doxen of charming the vet staff...

Lots of love to Lily and her mom. So happy to hear she's doing well. Forgetting one of her meds - not so much!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Great update! I'm so glad that Lily has done so well thru all of this. It's so encouraging when they keep their special personality thru all the treatment. Go, Lily!
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue