Thanks

Default Dis is Maisy n my Momma iz MEAN!

I wuz huntin, wite? Yep I wuz. I wuz on da twail of sumfin BIG! I mean HUGE of BIG! I wuz doin jez fine wifout my Momma buttin in. I wuz gonna kill it n eatz it. I wuz! I wudda been okay. I WUDDA TOO! But nooooooooooo Momma findz it firz an her tooked it way an putz it in a tinky bag an den, AN DEN her stompered all ober it! I nebber getta eatz nuffin I huntin! Not fairz! (stomps feetz)

This would be Momma.

No way, no way in H E Double Hockey Stick was I letting Maisy get what I discovered she was after. It was a spider that I kid you not, nearly as big as my thumb! I plumb near fainted! Darn thing must have come in when they started blowing barkdust in yesterday. I can't imagine it being here longer than that. EWWWWW! I don't care if she kills the tiny ones but I was worried it would either bite her or that it could just flat out be toxic to her. So yes, I used a stinky bag (what I call the poop bags) and picked it up that way. Then I tied a knot in the back before stompin the mess right out of that spider. *shudder*

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Poor denied intrepid hunter Sorry, sweetie, but I think in this case, your mom was right...those BIG spiders can be MEAN!! And we don't want to see you get chomped, even if you did get it! There'll be other prey just waiting for you!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Go, Maisy! You'll get the next one. I"m sure of it.

Again, my dogs never chase bugs. *sigh* They seem to think that's my job
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Good going, mama.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Maisy, maybe you gotta go hunting when momma is busy making your dinner, or just not looking your way? Sneak out of the room, and go see what your glorious sniffing nose can find. Lotsa bugs! Rabbits! Mice! Monsters! We won't tell momma.

Thanks

My Momma is still meanz! Buuuut, her let me eatz a fwy so...guess her is not so bad. Gess I keepz her.

Momma here...

Actually, she ate TWO flies. She's just not telling you she ate the one Milo killed. She snatched it from right in front of him. They were out on the patio with me and they both managed to snag one right in the air. Pretty nifty having bug hunters. She's not tried to go after bigger game yet, beyond that giant hairy spider anyway. Milo...yeah he's caught, killed and eaten a mouse. EW! He got loose from me one day and ran towards the apartment (about 2 years ago now). As he hit the sidewalk, a mouse darted out of the bushes. Dudeface snatched that thing in mid stride. It's tail was wiggling and I yelled, "Milo no! Don't eat....nevermind, you just did." He made fuzzy poop a couple of times but no other side effects. Now though, he's discovered squirrels. He watches from inside and whines like crazy. No barking though. Now the birds, he yells at them. "Bark bark bark, merfmerf, ruff, bark bark bark, arooo arooo." I think that translates to, "This is my freakin' yard area, go away before I eat you!"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M&M's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mom for the WIN! (shudders)

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post: