Hybrid View

Thanks

+1 for walkies.
    Above all, walking our furkids stimulates a BM, and is very effective. So is the little treat they get the SECOND they finish pooping.

Raw fed dogs poop a LOT less, and often go 3+ days without pooping anything. So that's normal over here, cuz raw meat is more fully digested and contains no "filler" (eg, plant matter) that just gets ejected out the other end. Less poop, less often.

Thanks

Well with no changes in how much he's eating or what he's eating, I know when he should be going. He didn't go last night before I left. He DID go on my lunch break. He has NOT gone yet this morning.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Don't worry about it. He went last night. Things are moving thru so just let it be. I have doggie doors and honestly don't know when my dogs poop unless I happen to see them do it. As long as things are moving thru, I don't worry about when it happens. It will.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox View Post
    Don't worry about it. He went last night. Things are moving thru so just let it be. I have doggie doors and honestly don't know when my dogs poop unless I happen to see them do it. As long as things are moving thru, I don't worry about when it happens. It will.
    I'm not too concerned about blockages or something like that. It's more about the fact that if he refuses to poop when I take him out, he ends up pooping in his crate about 99% of the time. Then he barks all night until I get home from work. Not only does this result in a mess I have to clean up, a stressed out dog and a grumpy me BUT it has also already resulted in a noise complaint. We just moved here a month ago. So it stresses me out when he won't go and yet I can tell he needs to. But, I only have an hour for lunch and if he hasn't gone by the time my lunch break is over, I have no choice but to leave. I can't leave him out of his crate because he is the most destructive critter I have ever been owned by! He loves to chew blankets LOL.

We've been here a month and I know he is still adjusted. Even when he doesn't have an accident in his crate, he is prone to barking when I am gone. Because of the noise complaint he is back on Rescue Remedy Pet AND I have to put batteries back in the bark control thing. I hate doing that. Now when Milo barks, Maisy will get punished with the bark control too. It's a little grey device that emits a tone only they can hear. Sigh...poor Milo. It must suck being that stressed out all the time. Oh wait, I'm Bi Polar. It DOES suck being that stressed out all the time. I wish he could talk or at least understand what I say to him. Then he'd know I am coming back and not to worry so much.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Okay, I have not idea. It's one of the reasons I don't do puppies. I have no idea how to counter that.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Wish I could help, but I can't. That's why I adopt adults, too.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Milo isn't a puppy. That would be Maisy. Milo is almost 4 and has had these issues since I got him at 5 months old. I love him so I guess we just keep on keepin' on.