It would seem that 10 month old Maisy has become the dominant one of my dynamic little duo. She snarled at Milo when he went for her treat this morning. He backed off immediately, so there was no fight or anything. But now other things I have noticed in the last couple of days and weeks are starting to fall in line with a shift in power.

He's hesitant about eating, not wanting to do it unless I put his bowl by me. Usually his bowl is by the entertainment center and hers is by the couch. I hadn't noticed her going for his bowl at all. I did notice that last week, she had finally reached the point where she was finishing her food before Milo. Then last night, she finished and walked towards Milo and I. He left his bowl and she went for it. It used to be that his food aggression would have prevented that but last night, it was me that stopped her from eating his food. He didn't attempt to.

Maisy has become pushy about sleeping spots at bedtime, going so far as to walk on him or lay on him if he is where she wants to be. He moves.

Their play doesn't seem to be affected and they don't fight over toys. I think there has just been a subtle shift in the dynamic here. Honestly, I think it's messing Milo up a bit. He HAS been more clingy to me lately, needing a little extra affection. It makes me a little sad to think that my tender hearted boy could be sad over this or confused. But there is plenty of me and my loving to go around.