Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default We may have a new brother!!!

Mom brought home another dog just now. His name is Buster, he's a boy and 11, and he and his people's grandchildren were not doing well together. They loved him very very much, but he bitted one of them, and they're afraid if it happens again, he'll have to go to the Bridge, and nobody wants that!! We likes him, but he's not so sure about us. Mom says he's scared and confused and sad and trying to figure out what just happened. Bery bery sad. But we hopes once he figures out that this is a pretty good place to lives, just like we did a year ago, he'll be happy again.

Dis is him waiting by da back door wanting to be somewhere else

HIm's a portly gentleman!

Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Awww, hang in there, Buster. It will get better. Darby was kind of confused when he first came here but he learned pretty quickly that there is good food and a soft bed here. And that he's loved In a little while, things will be fine.

When I was fostering Sweetums, I was at a rescue event with her and there was an animal communicator there who offered to do a reading on her for free. I accepted, of course. She told me she's wondering where "Nana" was. Evidently that was her previous owner. She also said that while it was a lot different than where she had been (No kidding. She went from being an only dog with an old lady to living with 5 other dogs and 2 crazy owners ), that she liked watching the other dogs play and she loved the broth on her meals. This was right around the time she started wagging her tail. It takes a little while, but they do settle in even when they are older.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Heidi & Ferkel, talk to Buster and tell him it will be OK and his new home is a great place to be. You know he is sad so give him his "space", and be nice to him. He will eventually learn that all is well.

I am positive that is what my Elsa use to do with each and every dog that came into my home.

Buster is as cute as can be. Hugs and tanks for taking him.
    Last edited by Yolanda; 09-06-2015 at 07:30 PM.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yolanda For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Buster is flippin' adorable!! He looks younger then 11. All things take time, and I know he will settle in and come to love his new family.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

He has certainly been loved with food, hasn't he? Cute little guy .

Sending rayz that he is settled soon, and that the girls don't try to eat him .
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

More like he'll eat them...he has a full set of chompers and they don't have 10 teeth between them ! But they seem to be doing ok this morning. I left them home alone together when I went to the barn this morning to see how they'll do (since I have to go back to work tomorrow ), and they were fine. BARKY!! I certainly hope that it's just when they saw the car and not the whole time I was gone. But nobody ate anyone, and all three were at the door when I came in, so that was good. I took them for a nice long walk at the beach (Buster is used to a long walk every morning) and they liked that, even Ferk...she did really well, although she's now sound asleep and wheezy. I think that Buster was thinking that I was driving him back home though...he didn't want to come out of the car. Heartbreaking. But he's overall doing ok. I'm sure he's shocked at how little food he's getting...they were giving him 1 1/3 C of dental kibble, which I've cut down to 1 cup (1/2 2xday) and MUCH smaller treats, and fewer of them. He'll be svelte in no time. I have to get him vetted (which the rescue is paying for *yay*) and I KNOW what Laura will say . Just hope everything else is working! Apparently he only likes to poop when he's on his walk, so there was a lot of it in there...but I'm sure he's feeling better now.

So far so good...he's just a sweet, happy (or will be...he's trying) little man. I'm in love . The girls, not so much .
    Paula & Buster

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Congrats on your new buddy!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

I think he's settling in...

Paula & Buster

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Awww, such a cute contented picture
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Awww what a sweet looking fellow. Thank you for taking him in. I'm sure it's got to be so confusing being with someone, loving them and then having to go away. I often wonder what they must think. Sending him lots of love.