Thread: New Food!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default New Food!

I'm trying a new food source that my vet told me about. It's a Texas company that specializes in custom meat processing and is going into raw pet food in a big way. They do their own processing and then load up their truck and deliver to different areas once a month. I ordered from them and I'm going to pick up the food today. I'm really hoping this works out. It's much cheaper than the premix I was using and I've been told that it's high quality food. They even have bones and human food. I may try a few of their steaks next time. I'm really excited about this and I hope it works out. The company is Texas Tripe They sell a lot more than just tripe (Thank doG)
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Lol, cute name . Let us know how it goes.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Yep, keep us posted!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

That is very cool. Let us know how the family likes it.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I picked it up today. Interesting couple who were distributing it. The woman was wearing one of those long dark dresses with the little white collar that sort of looked Amish with this little black cap covering her hair and the guy had one of those beards with no mustache. They were very nice and had the order all packaged up and ready to go so the whole transaction took like 5 minutes. I spent longer petting the 2 Great Danes that were walking their humans

My guys really seemed to like it. But then it is food and they are my dogs otherwise known as the canine vacuums so, of course, they liked it. It had a lot of organ meat in it so it's really stinky just like dogs like! They package it really nicely in little chubs so it's easy to thaw a couple out to use and leave the rest frozen. I'm thinking I'm really going to like this. The meat looks really good and for the money paid it's an excellent deal.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Nothing like buying local to get the good stuff!! Glad it's working for them (and you!)
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox View Post
    . They even have bones and human food. I may try a few of their steaks next time. I'm really excited about this and I hope it works out.
    I won't tell you how many times I had to read this as I thought you were excited as it had human bones and I"m thinking WTH is wrong with her!!!! so much for multi tasking on my part. I may have to see if they work this area. Rocky is having some dental issues (that boy arrived here with bad teeth...at 14 I'm not sure what is in store from him at his dental on the 1st. With that being said I bought a bag of raw for him and he's loving it (they were on raw in the past).

"It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's the doxies you have beside you!"
    Nicole, Mom of the Doxie Duo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Two Red Smooth's For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Two Red Smooth's View Post
    I won't tell you how many times I had to read this as I thought you were excited as it had human bones and I"m thinking WTH is wrong with her!!!! so much for multi tasking on my part. I may have to see if they work this area. Rocky is having some dental issues (that boy arrived here with bad teeth...at 14 I'm not sure what is in store from him at his dental on the 1st. With that being said I bought a bag of raw for him and he's loving it (they were on raw in the past).
    I've made the multi tasking mistakes like that before. It does shake you up a bit till you re-read.

They do a San Antonio route where they come down 35 from Dallas area so they might have a pick up point not too far from you. In fact, I just went back and looked and they have a stop in Scherz. That's pretty close to you, isn't it?

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox View Post
    In fact, I just went back and looked and they have a stop in Schertz. That's pretty close to you, isn't it?
    Between Schertz and Cibolo they only have like 5 highway exits and not even like 3 miles apart...pretty much one (shh don't tell Cibolo I said that though). I work in Schertz and my son goes to school in Schertz but we live in Cibolo and both take less then 5 minutes to get too LOL It's exit 173 and I'm exit 176 very very close to me.

"It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's the doxies you have beside you!"
    Nicole, Mom of the Doxie Duo

Thanks

Cool! If you decide to try them and need any help (the website is a bit overwhelming because they have so many items), let me know. My vet helped me decide what to order. The whole process is pretty easy. You can order 10 days ahead of the delivery date (they do sell out of some items so it's good to order early) and pay for it online. Then you receive a confirmation, meet the truck and get your order. They even have a location on their website and on Twitter where you can follow their progress so you know if they are running on time.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue