Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

are you guys coming to MI!!!! :-) I would love to see you but if its 6 sleeps till you come, I will be in FL :(

I have no advice either. I only hope the pup port helps.
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

I'm sorry, Lisa . Angel gets spooked like that about random things (and it's really hard to convince her otherwise), but she's always done it, and she's certainly not depressed. My mom's dog Adam did have something like that happen - if I remember, he chomped down really hard on a metal rod or bar and it must have really hurt his teeth and scared him. After that he was really leery about picking up his toys and didn't like playing ball which he'd really enjoyed before. And he did seem very sad about it when we'd try to get him to play... like the world had suddenly become a scary place. It took some time, but I think he got pretty much back to normal (he certainly likes to play with toys; not sure if he is still cautious about anything specific).

The Pup Port sounds good. It's something he would remember, but it's a change from the current setting. Sending lots of rayz .

I'm happy you guys are getting to have a meetup! Please take pictures for us.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

I'm no help, but lots of
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    6 sleeps?!? Let the panic cleaning begin
    Ditto!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

I don't have any idea really what is wrong but my advice is to try as hard as you can to make it NOT a big deal. of course have his eyes checked or physical things ruled out but if you start worrying about HIM worrying, he will pick up on your worry and then you have this vicious cycle going. Try to be matter of fact when he does out. Not mean of course but just firm. we are ALL going out. go with them. if he tries to go back in, go out farther with him until he potties. I think a treat for going potty would be appropriate too.
    sometimes a leash makes them feel more secure. My old dog Kerby was fine in the yard but if we walked out farther onto our property, she liked the leash (she was old and not seeing well)
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

6. The Following User Says Thank You to areese For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just a small update. It wasn't mental, it was physical. He had a leg injury. It became obvious on Monday Oct 19th (the day before Paula come to visit) The worst day was last Thursday (Oct. 22), where he had his rear left leg up off the floor all day. But Friday we turned a corner and he started to get better. He is doing better and better every day. We are still carrying him out to potty but he is putting more and more weight on it and he is noticeably better, wagging his tail and being his usual high maintenance self. We have tapered him off the tramadol and are now working on the metacam (will be done on Sunday).

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

There must be something going around with legs. Scooter started not limping a bit and not wanting to go upstairs. I finally figured out it was his back leg. So for a few weeks Jim lugged all 38 lbs and a lot of length of Scooter up and down the stairs. We picked him up to put him on the bed for a while. Now I have an old set of bed stairs by the bed for him and he's learning to use them. Sort of. The ramp in the bedroom is a bit small for him but he can use the stairs okay. He just can't jump up to the bed.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

He just wanted some sympathy from his Aunty P (which apart from the 3 a.m. barking, he got ) Glad it's not his back!!!!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

That's great news!

Hope you guys had an awesome meetup, by the way.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Yeah, sorry about the 3 a.m. barking. That was so not cool. And quite embarrassing. The only upside was he got our butts out of bed and on the road very, very early.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI